I can’t imagine how many pot roast recipes I’ve tried over the years. I always seemed to stick to the old Campbell soup recipe with cream of mushroom soup and dry onion soup. This pot roast is so much better! So here’s the cast of characters.
All you need to do is place the chuck roast in your slow cooker (of course, I must use Slow Cooker liners…they just make life so much easier) and then pour the mixtures on top of the roast. Throw your pepperoncini peppers and butter on top and cook on low for about 8 hours.
I take a couple of forks, shred the meat, and then remove any large pieces of fat. This sauce is awesome! I serve mine with mashed potatoes for the boys and mashed cauliflower for low carb me.
Mississippi Pot Roast
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- (1) 3-5 lb. chuck roast
- 8 Peperoncini peppers
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- Place roast in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the top of the roast with the ranch dressing mix, the au jus mix and the onion soup mix. Place peppers on top of the mixes, and add the butter.
- Cook over low heat for 8 hours.
- Take two forks and shred the meat.
- Discard fatty pieces.
- Serve with noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.