Finding a perfect apple bread recipe has been on my to-do list for a LONG time. Over the last few years, I have tried (and failed) countless times to create a delicious apple bread and make the recipe one of my staples. I tried recipe after recipe, and could just never seem to get it right. Every loaf of apple bread I baked seemed to be too dry, too bland or a terrible combination of the two. That’s why I eventually decided to give up on trying different recipes and simply create my own!
Now, after a handful of attempts and lots of recipe tweaking, I’m sure that I’ve developed the PERFECT apple bread recipe. I am not exaggerating when I say that this is the BEST apple bread recipe of all time! I know that may sound boastful, and there are probably so many amazing apple bread recipes that can compete, but in my recipe book, this one is the winner!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 small to medium sized apples, diced NOTE: You can use a variety of apples in this recipe. I used a mixture of McIntosh and Gala!
- Preheat oven to 350o
- Grease and lightly flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs. Whisk together until smooth and well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to wet ingredient mixture. Stir with a spoon until incorporated.
- Stir in sour cream, vanilla extract and apples. *NOTE: The batter will be very thick
- Pour mixture into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350o for 40-60 minutes. *NOTE: The bake time for this bread can vary greatly, so be sure to keep an eye on it! Mine took about 55 minutes. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or almost clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from loaf pan and enjoy!
- Store covered at room temperature for 3-4 days.
I encourage you to give this wonderful recipe a try. This quick bread is simple and easy to make, and it is sooo yummy! Warm apple bread is a totally irresistible fall treat. Not to mention, it makes your house smell incredible! (Trust me on this.)
Did you give this recipe a try? What’s your favorite thing to bake with apples?You can also follow me on Pinterest or join my group on Facebook