At some point this summer, I’m sure you’ve seen it. Almost positive you’ve seen it. The lame, hasn’t-changed-since-the-1980s fruit salad. You know exactly what I’m talking about. It has melons and grapes and strawberries. If you’re lucky, it has some kiwi too. I think it’s time we make things a bit more interesting than that.
I made two beautiful, fresh, and delicious fruit salads just for you. The first – white nectaries, strawberries, blackberries, grilled lime segments, and mint. The second – orange supremes, plums (white or otherwise – I accidentally bought white), avocado, and basil.
You’re welcome to make these exact salads as you continue to enjoy your summer weather, but I encourage you to try your own combination. Here are some tips that might help you along the way.
- Don’t be afraid to add something not sweet (see limes & avocado).
- Grilling one of the ingredients gives fun contrast.
- Definitely include herbs.
- Think about how the colors will look together. (and of course, flavors will taste together)
- Only buy/include produce that’s in season.
Non-Lame Fruit Salad
- strawberries, leave top removed and halved
- white nectarine, pitted and sliced
- limes, quartered and grilled on high heat
- orange supremes
- avocado, large diced
- plums, pitted and quartered
- Prep all ingredients as instructed.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the last 4 ingredients in a bowl.
Working every day by day I’m a lot more impressed by your post. Thanks for your personal efforts with expressing the following theme.
I was very pleased to find this site. This is an intelligent and well written article, you must have put a fair amount of research into writing this. Thank you