This month’s FamilyFun Magazine had a coupon insert, with a recipe for Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Chicken Dip on it, and from the moment I saw it, I just knew I had to make it.
I had some leftover Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce from when I made Spicy Brown Sugar Chicken Tenders and Spicy Tuna Melt Wraps. One bottle of Frank’s RedHot can certainly go a long way (I STILL have some left even after this recipe)!
This dip has been calling to me all week long. Seriously. I got that magazine at the beginning of the week, and I’ve had this dip on my mind since then. Today was finally the day!
I already had everything on hand except for the shredded chicken, so John went out to the store and picked up a rotisserie chicken from the deli. That really made this recipe a breeze.
You should definitely make this Buffalo Chicken Dip for your guests on game day, and especially for your Super Bowl party. It is absolutely amazing. John and I could not get enough of it. It’s ooey gooey, oh so cheesy, and full of shreds of chicken. The cream cheese adds a smooth and creamy texture to it. It’s just to die for.
I think next time I might kick this recipe up a notch by adding some diced jalapenos, but for real, this is one of the best things I have ever eaten. We piled this dip on top of Tortilla chips, and carrot and celery sticks.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1/2 cup FRANK’S® REDHOT® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK’S® REDHOT® Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or your favorite shredded cheese (I used a combination of white and yellow sharp cheddar cheeses)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken.
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing (I used ranch)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE all ingredients in a 1-quart baking dish, except for chicken. Mix chicken in last to prevent it from falling apart too much. (I also added a handful of shredded chicken and more cheese to the top of the mixture to form a crust.)
- BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through. (I broiled the dip for another 5-7 minutes to brown the cheesy crust.)
- SERVE warm with crackers, Tortilla chips, or vegetables.