Cinnamon Rolls are inherently American. After all, the famous American dinner is hardly complete without one. And most people these days get away without making their own rolls simply because they can buy their cinnamon rolls and buns readymade – but being gluten intolerant means that most of these readymade cinnamon rolls are off-limits!
So, what does one do then? Why, make your own Gluten free cinnamon rolls instead, of course! Now, the way the gluten in the dough works and the resultant texture is half the fun of a cinnamon roll. And therefore, merely using any different kind of flour with the same procedure won’t just work. But there’s something that will… and this well-kept secret is….
Bisquick Cinnamon Rolls
- Betty Crocker’s Bisquick Gluten Free mix – 3 cups
- Sugar (granulated) – ¼ cup
- Egg – 1
- Milk – 1¼ cup
- Butter (melted) – ¼ cup
- Brown sugar – ½ cup (packed)
- Cinnamon (ground) – 2 tsp
For the Glaze (optional)
- Whipping cream – ¼ cup
- Sugar (powdered) – 1 cup
- First mix in the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and leave aside.
- Next butter a round tin (roughly 9 inches) and preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
- Take a large bowl, and put in it Bisquick mix, granulated sugar, milk and egg. Take a spoon and mix well to combine.
- Once you’ve mixed till it is all combined, the rest of the procedure is a little different from usual dough making or handling.
- While you put the rolls in to bake (which should take about 20-25 minutes), place the powdered sugar and the whipping cream in a bowl.
- Mix to combine, and spread over the rolls while they’re still hot.
And that’s about it! They’re warm, yummy and completely gluten-free!
Do you roll them out and then add the cinnamon mixture into the middle and then re roll them and place them in the round pan
Did you ever get an answer??? She tells your that part is different from regular receipt and ten skips telling you how!!!
Do you flaten out the dough and place cinnamon in the middle the reroll them and place in round pan