Today I show you how to prepare a delicious and easy bread pudding.
It is a delicious and very creamy dessert that also looks beautiful on the table, you can make it for a celebration perfectly or for a snack with a coffee. It is a delight for children and adults.
THE BEST BREAD PUDDING
- 5 slices or 200 g bread
- 500 ml milk
- 2 size L eggs
- 125 g sugar
- to taste flavorings
- 200 g sugar
- 10 tbsp. water
- To prepare the caramel in a pan put 200 g or 1 cup of sugar.
- And add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Put over medium high heat and cook until it takes caramel color.
- On the other hand, in a saucepan put half a cup of water. And, over medium heat, we bring it to a boil.
- Once the caramel has acquired the desired color, add 1 tablespoon of hot water (from the saucepan that we put to heat).
- Stir and add another tablespoon of water and so on until 8 tablespoons of water are added.
- Turn off the fire.
- It took me 13 minutes to make the caramel. You can take a little more or less time, depending on how big the bottom of your pan is.
- Turn the oven on at 175ºC or 350ºF with heat from top and bottom.
- In a saucepan put half a liter of milk.
- We put the milk over medium heat so that it heats up.
- While the milk is heating we are going to start with the bread.
- To make the pudding more tender and delicate we remove the crust from the bread. Although it is optional.
- Now we cut the bread in squares.
- Pour hot milk over the bread. Stir.
- In a bowl we break 2 large eggs of size L.
- Add 125 g or 1/2 cup of sugar.
- And add the flavorings that we like the most.
- I am going to put 1/2 vanilla pod.
- Lemon zest.
- And 1 tablespoon of orange liqueur. It is totally optional, you know that you can add the flavorings you like.
- We beat the eggs until they become frothy.
- Add the beaten eggs to the bread.
- Stir very well.
- Cover the bottom of the mold with caramel. With the one we made, which is real caramel. It is very tasty and not bitter at all. And, above all, it does not stick to the mold.
- We put the dough in the mold.
- We give it a few strokes so that the dough settles well.
- We are going to bake the pudding in a bain-marie.
- We put in the oven a tray that is larger than the pudding mold.
- Place the pudding inside.
- Cover it with a piece of aluminum foil so that it does not dry out on the outside.
- Pour hot water into the pan up to half of the pudding mold.
- Bake the pudding for approximately 1 hour. But after 50 minutes we check how it is going.
- My pudding took 1.10 hours to bake.
- We take it out of the oven, let it cool down and put it in the fridge to cool down.
- My pudding has been in the fridge all night.
- Before serving, garnish to taste.