Celebrate the New Year with this spectacular apple pie with walnuts and cinnamon. A straightforward recipe to prepare and dairy and egg-free!
This spectacular tart encompasses all the flavors and aromas of the season. It is perfect to comfort the soul on these cold days, and the best thing is that your guests will love it.
In case you have leftover cake, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. To reheat it, bake it at 180°C for 10 minutes, and don’t forget to serve it with a nice scoop of dulce de leche ice cream.
- 10 peeled and sliced green apples
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- PLACE butter, flour, and salt for the base in the food processor; pulse ingredients to a crumb consistency.
- ADD a tablespoon of water and pulse again; repeat this process until a homogeneous dough is obtained.
- COVER the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- COMBINE apples with brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and flour; set aside.
- Add walnuts to the food processor with brown sugar, flour, butter, and salt; pulse until a sandy mixture with medium walnut pieces is obtained.
- SPRINKLE flour on the work surface, roll out the dough, line a tart pan, press edges well, and trim excess.
- FILL tart with apple mixture without adding apple juices; top with pecan topping.
- COVER apple pie with foil and bake at 180°C for 25 minutes; remove foil and bake for 20 minutes more.
- REMOVE the apple pie with walnut topping from the oven and let stand for 30 minutes before unmolding and serving.