Salads are very easy and quick to make, so they are always an excellent resource when we do not have enough time to cook more elaborate dishes. Likewise, they allow us to mix a whole series of ingredients with a high nutritional value, such as fruits, vegetables, or legumes. Therefore, including salad recipes in our diet is more than recommended!
In RecetasGratis, we share a simple but delicious and complete salad of cooked cauliflower, which includes carrot, onion, spices, and mayonnaise. While it is true that mayonnaise is not usually a light sauce, if we choose to make it homemade, we will be sure to use quality products, and the result will be much healthier. This salad is perfect for eating alone or accompanying grilled meat, grilled or baked fish, veggie burgers, etc. And if you want to discover other options, we share more cauliflower salad recipes, raw, light, and much more. Read on and learn with us how to make cauliflower salad.
Cold cauliflower salad recipe
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 carrots
- 1 red onion
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- chopped parsley
- black pepper
For the mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 dash of olive oil
- Wash the cauliflower, separate it into florets, and cut them into smaller pieces. Separately, peel the carrots and cut them as you like. Try to make pieces of a similar size to those of the cauliflower.
- Cook the cauliflower and carrots in a pot of boiling water for 5-10 minutes, depending on the desired doneness. If you prefer to make the cauliflower salad raw, you can do that too! In this case, you can skip this step.
- Drain the vegetables when they are ready and run them under cold water to stop the cooking. Place them in a bowl or salad bowl, add the chopped onion, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper to taste. Then, prepare the mayonnaise by whisking the egg with the oil and add the indicated amount to the salad. To know the detailed steps, do not miss the recipe of homemade mayonnaise.
- Tip: We recommend using red onion because it is one of the mildest onion varieties, ideal for raw consumption.
- And that’s it! You can now enjoy this delicious cauliflower and carrot salad recipe. We have opted for a cauliflower salad with mayonnaise. However, to make the dish lighter, you can permanently eliminate this sauce and replace it with a drizzle of olive oil. We can also include other ingredients and prepare, for example, a cauliflower and broccoli salad or a cauliflower and potato salad. The possibilities are endless!