Since it needs some time of refrigeration to settle well, it is convenient to prepare it the night before or, if it is going to be consumed in the afternoon, in the morning.
The German chocolate cake is a very typical recipe made for a snack or as a dessert. And we assure you that as soon as you learn how to cook this cake, it will become your favorite dessert.
That’s why we bring you the recipe to learn how to prepare a German chocolate cake.
German chocolate cake
For the cake:
- 120 grams of semi-bitter chocolate.
- ½ cup of water.
- 2 and ½ cup flour.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- 1 cup milk.
- 2 tablespoons vinegar.
- 200 grams of butter.
- 1 and ¾ cups sugar.
- 4 egg yolks.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence.
- 4 egg whites.
For the frosting:
- 1 cup evaporated milk.
- 3 egg yolks.
- 1 cup sugar.
- ½ cup butter.
- 1 and ½ cups coconut.
- 1 cup of walnuts.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, grease, and flour a baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the milk with the vinegar.
- Beat the butter and add the sugar little by a little while mixing. Add the egg yolks, the vanilla essence, and the melted chocolate.
- Add the flour and the milk, beating with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Separately, beat the egg whites until they form peaks and fold into the previous batter.
- Spread over the mold and bake in the oven for 35 minutes (until a toothpick or knife comes out dry and clean).
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes, unmold and place on a wire rack.
- To prepare the bitumen, heat the milk with the sugar, egg yolks, butter, and vanilla essence while whisking until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat, add the grated coconut and chopped walnuts.
- Finally, we have to assemble the recipe: cut the chocolate cake in half, cover half of the frosting, and cover. The rest of the frosting is for covering.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve, accompanied with a delicious coffee or tea.