SUMMER IS COMING! Okay, not really, but it is January, and that means Spring is almost here, and with warmer temperatures on the way it’s almost time to bring out one of my favorite side dishes, this amazing Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad. This delicious salad is crunchy and fresh, and goes well with almost any summer meal you can think of.
It takes hardly any time to make, and very few ingredients and you have a wonderful and healthy side dish. We made ours with plain yogurt, I wanted to use sour cream, but we happened to be making a lot of smoothies when we made this salad, so we had plain yogurt on hand and so we used that!
We actually made this three weeks in a row, and ate it with almost every dinner! It is a light and easy thing to make, it pairs well with any protein, hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, anything you can think of!
Let us know what you think of our Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
- ½ – ¾ tsp dill
- 2-4 tsp lemon juice
- ½ red onion
- 1 medium to large tomato
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- Peel and slice the cucumber, slice the tomato and chop the onion.
- I like to slice the onion and then quarter it because it is easier to eat.
- In a bowl, combine the dill and salt.
- Add sour cream or yogurt and lemon juice to taste. Mix well.
- Add onion, cucumber, and tomato to the mixture and toss until vegetables are coated with dressing.
- Let stand for 30 minutes for the flavors to meld.