Hi friends! It’s so good to be back here today sharing a delicious dessert with you. My name is Deanna, and I write over at Gloriously Made for those of you that don’t know me. I am one of Wanda Ann’s monthly contributors. I always love coming over each month to share one of my recipes with all of you.
How has everyone’s summer started so far? Ours is good, and we haven’t had a dull moment yet. I have two very active little boys, ages 6 & 4. They are a lot of fun! We have been busy will play dates at the pool, trips to sea world, and lazy afternoons at home. It’s been great so far. I love summers!
Buttermilk Pies are one of our family’s favorite treats in the summer. This Southern Buttermilk Pie has a little bit of lemon zest and lemon juice to make it all that more perfect as a summer treat! It’s delicious served with homemade whipped cream (if you don’t have your recipe, you will have to try mine! So easy and so good!) and fresh berries. It’s a straightforward pie to make and is even easier when you purchase an already made pie crust, which I did for this pie. I love Pillsbury already made crust. So good! If you are looking for an easy pie crust recipe to push yourself, you can try my mother’s recipe by going here. I always use her recipe when I have a little bit more time on my hands.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine your sugar and flour. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine your eggs, buttermilk, butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your flour and sugar bowl. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Cover the edge of your crust with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake pie at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes—Bake for a total of 45 minutes or until almost set. Don’t over-bake.
- Let cool for one hour before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh berries.