Game day, BBQ, spontaneous party – either way this Easy Peasy Macaroni Salad is the perfect side dish for it!
Creamy, low in fat and super delicious. A touch of sweet and sour combined with earthy fresh flavors.
I actually made this salad for the Super Bowl and thought I had deleted the picture on accident. This morning I found it, so I had to instantly post it haha.
This is a vegetarian version – if you like some meat in it (I for sure do) use some thick cut ham – it fits so so perfectly!
And if you want a little more color, simply add some red bell pepper.
- 1 lbs macaroni noodles uncooked
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise fat free, if possible all natural
- 1/2 cup sour cream fat free
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 heaping teaspoon sugar or honey
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cans peas and carrot well drained
- 1 large can corn niblets well drained
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Cook noodles according to package direction, drain and let cool
- Meanwhile combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and try to see if you need to spice it more
- Add cooled noodles, stir well
- Cover and store in fridge for at least 2 hours so that the flavors can evolve
- Take out of the fridge 30 minutes before serving