So, I have been on this kick of trying to create my recipe for things lately, from scratch. I soon severely want to be a food blogger someday. Like, a perfect one. I know the only way I will get there is through lots and lots of practice, so I’ve been experimenting with recipes like crazy. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you purchase after clicking on my links.
One thing that I wanted to try to create was a perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. There are so many varieties of chocolate chip cookies out there, but I wanted a thick and soft chocolate chip cookie that doesn’t fall all apart when you eat it. I wanted it to have substance and also a great flavor. Well, folks, I have succeeded, and on the first try, too! Imagine that!
I’ve been baking cookies for many years, and these six kitchen tools are my absolute favorite for baking cookies. They make it so much faster and easier to bake up a whole bunch of cookies, and I would highly recommend them to anyone who loves to bake cookies.
These cookies are nice and thick, so soft that they just kind of melt in your mouth as you eat them, but they also hold their shape well and don’t get crumbs all over the place while you’re eating them. To me, they are absolute perfection!
Here’s how to make these perfectly thick and soft chocolate chip cookies:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in 2 teaspoons of hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Prepare all the ingredients, making sure the butter is soft and the eggs are at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar using an electric mixer until it is smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Dissolve the baking soda in hot water and add it to the batter along with the salt.
- Gradually stir in the flour, chocolate chips, and chopped walnuts.
- Use a spoon to drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the edges are nicely browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool briefly on the baking sheet. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.