The preparation that we bring you this time in RecetasGratis is a delicious but straightforward Peruvian baked chicken recipe. Baked chicken is a prevalent dish, so in every country, it has its versions. In this case, it is the typical Peruvian spices and ingredients that give it its seal.
In most of its presentations, baked chicken is prepared very quickly and in a short time. In this way, you can surprise your guests with a simple dish and enjoy yourself with your family. There are many versions of this dish within Peru, but we will try to make it as traditional as possible. We will accompany it with some paper or Andean potatoes, the ideal garnish for this juicy chicken, as it balances the flavor of the spices. Ready? Let’s go with the step-by-step so you can learn how to make Peruvian baked chicken!
- 1 chicken
- 1 tablespoon of hot chili pepper
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 25 cubic centimeters of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 kilogram of Andean potato or papines
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Mix the spices, citrus juices, ginger, vinegar, hot bell pepper, sugar, and soy sauce.
- With the dressing for Peruvian baked chicken, paint all the chicken pieces and let them marinate in the refrigerator if possible overnight. If this is not possible, leave them for at least 3 hours.
- Once marinated, preheat the oven to 180 ºC. Place the chicken in the oven. Brush the chicken with the liquid from the maceration every 15 minutes while baking. This way, you will get crispy skin and a juicy chicken inside.
- Wash the unpeeled potatoes well. In a pot with salt, boil the water and add the potatoes.
- Cook for 20 minutes, drain, cut in half, and a frying pan with olive oil and butter, sauté the potatoes until golden brown. Serve and enjoy your Peruvian baked chic