Lemons and blueberries are a famous culinary pair – but I decided to switch it up and use blueberries and limes together. No, the fact that I had no lemons on hand had nothing to do with this innovation. Okay, a little.
And of course this meant making a lime curd. Making curd of any kind sounds really intimidating – until you make it. Punk Domestics has a catalogue of curds that shows how truly wondrous curds are – check it out. I love making lemon curd in my blender – so subbing lime juice and zest was all I needed to do.
I love no-cook desserts in the summer – and this one is creamy, tart, sweet and luscious. SO yummy. I love leaving the blueberries raw and whole – they add such a nice pop of freshness. This recipe makes six little tarts – and takes only about 20 minutes of prep time – plus you need to factor in at least 4 hours of chill time.
NO COOK BLUEBERRY LIME CURD TARTS
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup lime juice requires about 8 limes
- 1 tablespoon lime zest zest of about two of the limes
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter cubed
- 6 purchased graham cracker crusts – small individual tart size
- One cup fresh blueberries
- Blend for exactly 5 minutes – the curd needs to “cook” from the heat of your blender. Pour into tart pans. Top with fresh blueberries. Let chill 4 hours, or until set.