I hope I am not overloading you with tons of cookie recipes lately, tis’ the season! Truth is I just love cookies. I enjoy baking, decorating and eating all kinds of cookies. There are so many options, so many add-ins, so many varieties.
Gingersnap cookies are one of my favorite cookies around the holiday season, and I am here to share with you a new, fun way to dress them up for the holidays by dipping them in white chocolate and SPRINKLING them with Christmas fun.
These cookies are the perfect mix of a soft, chewy cookie with a hard crunch from the white chocolate. I did not want to give these cookies away I actually kept half of these cookies for us because they were so good. I need to make another batch, like next week because I keep craving them!
There are two very important steps when making these vanilla dipped gingersnap cookies. First, you want to make sure you chill the dough for at least 2 hours, if your dough is not chilled long enough you will have thin, gooey cookies. Yuck!
Second, the amount of time you bake your gingersnaps is SO important to the texture of the cookie. Be sure to bake for only 8-10 minutes. I always lean towards the 8 minute side. The cookies will appear too soft and look undone. Allow the cookie to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and I promise you they will be done.
Vanilla Dipped Gingersnap CookiesWhile the cookies are cooling, melt the white chocolate in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes. Once the cookies are cooled, dip half of the cookie into the white chocolate, and SPRINKLE with some fun holiday SPRINKLES. Place cookies on wax paper until the chocolate has hardened.
Get to baking, I promise there will not be a gingersnap crumb left!
Vanilla Dipped Gingersnap Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar for rolling
- 2 packages 10 to 12 ounces each white baking chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in
- molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Chill dough for about 2 hours.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cookie springs back when touched lightly. Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip cookies halfway into the melted chips; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with holiday sprinkles.
- Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.