Mine would have to be anything citrus. Growing up in Arizona you know it’s springtime when you can smell sweet orange blossoms in the air. It’s a scent than can’t be faked or reproduced, but tickles my nostrils in all the right ways and leaves me craving something citrus-y and sweet.
This past week, my boys paid a visit to my Mother in Law, who had dozens of lemons falling off her tree. They anxiously bagged them up and brought them home to me, knowing I could make something yummy with them. Now, I love me a good lemon bar, but my boys aren’t huge fans. So this time I whipped up some Lemon Brownies, that have a tamer lemon flavor, but topped with a lemon glaze, it packs a tang that I crave.
These bars are made with a combination of lemon and white chocolate. After all, they are brownies. And in order to get the right fudgy brownie texture, chocolate had to be involved. Thankfully white chocolate pairs perfectly with lemon, and helps to tame down some of it’s zing.
And the best part is, they are pretty simple to make.
Here is my recipe:
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 +1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour an 8″x8″ baking dish.
- Zest and juice two medium lemons; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl on medium speed, beat butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, being sure to blend each one well.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest just until blended.
- Beat in flour just until moist, don’t over mix.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- Cool pan on wire rack completely before glazing.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest until blended.
- Spread glaze evenly over brownies.
- Let glaze set for about 30 minutes before serving.
Absolutely amazing thanks for sharing as I am not a huge lover of chocolate but absolutely love lemon’s this is an amazing recipe thanks again for sharing ♥️❤️♥️
Although this recipe sounds amazing, I don’t think that it’s the one you meant to post. You mentioned the white chocolate but it’s not listed anywhere in the recipe.
White Chocolate? Where does that come in ..
I have a question… Your description mentioned white chocolate…but there is no white chocolate I’m the recipe… Please help
Not any white chocolate in your lemon brownies. Why advertise lemon ‘brownies ‘ ?
You mention white chocolate for these lemon brownies but there is none listed in the recipe. Please clarify for your followers.
Your recipe for Lemon Brownies says it contains white chocolate, but the recipe does not call for it. Several people have commented that the recipe does not match the description. I am eager to try this recipe, but want to be sure I’m using the right ingredients.