Bacon and chicken with ranch are a classic combination, and when it is baked into a casserole with cheese, the dish is heavenly. The smokiness of the bacon and the ranch’s sharpness with the goodness of chicken and cheese may become your new guilty pleasures. Thus, today’s recipe brings out a unique casserole idea that is ideal for you to enjoy with your friend and family any time of the year. The recipe is so simple that you can even make it ahead and bake when you want to serve.
This article will briefly discuss the recipe and a few serving ideas that will help you enjoy the best of this creamy bacon chicken and ranch casserole. So let us drool over it!
Bacon Chicken Ranch Casserole
- 2 Chicken Breasts Skinless and boneless
- 6 to 8 Bacon Slices
- 1 packet Spaghetti boiled until Al Dante
- 1 Garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp Dried Italian Herbs seasoning
- One Packet or 3 tbsp Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 ¼ cup Cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup Low-sodium Chicken broth lukewarm
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- 1 ½ cup Sharp cheddar grated
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese cubed
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- A handful of parsley or chives for garnish
- Take the chicken breasts and cut them horizontally into butterfly-style. Season it with dried Italian herbs, salt, and pepper
- In a medium pan, cook the bacon slices until crispy. Take out the bacon and reserve the bacon fat.
- In the same pan, pour half of the reserved bacon fat. Heat a medium to low heat.
- Add garlic to the oil and sauté it for a minute for until fragrant.
- Now add seasoned chicken to the pan and cook it for 5 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked.
- Take the chicken out and let it rest on the plate for 10 minutes.
- After resting, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Similarly, cut the bacon slices as you like.
- Pre-heat the oven at 340-degrees F.
- Now prepare a casserole dish by greasing some of the reserved bacon fat.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine ranch seasoning, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, 1 cup of sharp cheddar, Velveeta cheese, and pasta. Gently mix them through.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the casserole dish.
- Top the dish with chicken, bacon, Monterey Jack, and the remaining ½ cup of sharp cheddar.
- Bake the casserole for 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese is melted, bubbling, and crusty.
- Top the baked casserole with fresh parsley and chives and serve hot to enjoy.
- Serving Tips and Ideas
- Even though the casserole is so delicious on its own, but you can make it extra fancy and memorable with the following serving and pairing ideas:
- Garlic bread
- Fresh crunchy salad
- If you are throwing a party for friends, then the wine is a must-have with it.