Barbequed ribs always have a heavenly taste and mouthfeel if cooked right. Honestly, we love it so much that we can have it every day. There is something, so ways to enjoy the juicy and fatty meat of the beef ribs, and then it is falling on the bones, then you know they are cooked to perfection.
Today, we have a favorite family recipe for slowly cooked barbequed beef ribs. We assure you once you have tried these, there is no going back because they are sweet, sticky, spicy, and will make you smack your lips and lick your fingers. So let us make them now! Not just that, we have some tips to make them perfect every time you cook them without any mistake and with maximum flavor.
Slow Cooker Barbequed Beef Ribs
- 2 to 3 pounds Beef ribs you can have a small rack of ribs or separate ribs as well
- 3 Chipotle chilies
- ½ cup Ketchup
- ½ cup Sherry
- 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of choice
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ tbsp Brown sugar
- ½ tbsp Garlic granulates
- ½ tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Black pepper ground coarsely
- Mix brown sugar, garlic granulates, onion powder, paprika, Dijon mustard, cumin, cayenne, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Rub this spice rub over the ribs and gently message them.
- Heat the slow cooker at low heat and add the ribs into it. Let them have a little sear.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining liquid ingredients in a jug or a measuring jug; ketchup, sherry, apple cider, BBQ sauce, and water.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the ribs and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the chipotle chilies to the pot and give a gentle stir.
- Cover the cooker with the lid. Let it cook on low heat for 7 and half hours.
- Once the time is up, take the ribs out from the pot and over to the baking tray.
- Smother the remaining sauce in the cooker over them and broil them for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve them hot as it is, or remove the bone by tucking it and shred the ribs and serve.
- Tips for making the Best ribs
- Here are a few tips and tricks that will help you understand how to make the ribs to perfection all the time.
- If you are using the rack of ribs, always make sure to remove the back membrane. You can do it by tucking in fingers between the membrane and the rack and pushing outwards to remove it.
- If you are using the rib cuts, then cooking time may vary from 7 to 8 hours. If you are looking for shredded-styled ribs, then 8 hours are perfect other 7 hours for the bite-like consistency.
- If you are using racks sealed in vacuum bags, they might have extra salt in them. We will ask you to buy fresh ribs from your local butchers instead.
- Short on time, cook the ribs at medium heat for 5 to 6 hours.
- You can also skip the broiler step, or you can grill them too.