Mom’s butter baked chicken is one of the classic dishes to try. Honestly this recipe is so simple and just need few ingredients on hand. And the best part is that it requires no extra cooking, as the name suggest all you have to do is bake and that all, you perfect and delicious dinner is ready.
This dish is ideal to have in so many ways. From date night to dinner and even a quick and easy fix for holiday dinners as well. Honestly, the tender chicken with a hint of garlic, rosemary and thyme perfectly cooked in butter and creamy sauce is heavenly. You can feel how it melts in your mouth and letting your mind feel the rush of adrenaline.
Since the chicken is super juicy and swimming in buttery and creamy sauce, it is important to discuss few of our favorite pairings and side with it. So why wait, here we go with the recipe and few serving suggestion, Enjoy!
- 4 Chicken Breasts skinless and boneless
- ½ to 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Butter at room temperature
- 1 clove Garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Cream of Chicken soup
- ½ tbsp Salt
- A pinch of Black pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 sprig Rosemary fresh
- 1 sprig Thyme fresh
- A handful of Parsley chopped, for garnish
- Cut the chicken into butterfly-style. Keep one side of the chicken intact.
- In a small bowl, add around 2 to 3 tbsp of butter along with garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix it well into paste.
- Spread out the butter over the insides of the butterfly-style cut chicken breast and fold it over like before cutting it.
- Repeat the same with all 4 chicken breasts.
- Preheat the oven at 400-degree F.
- In a deep pan or dish, take around 1/3 cup of milk.
- In a separate plate, mix the flour with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Now first dip the chicken into milk and then coat it with the flour mixture.
- Repeat the same with all chicken breast and set aside.
- Take a baking dish and add butter to it.
- Let the butter melt in the preheated oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the butter is melted, carefully place the chicken in the dish.
- Bake the chicken for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, mix remaining milk, and cream of chicken soup.
- After 15 minutes of baking, carefully, pour the milk and soup mixture into the baking dish.
- Add thyme and rosemary sprig in the dish as well.
- Bake the chicken for 10 to 15 minutes until tender and juicy.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Here are our favorite ways to enjoy this beautiful dish:
- With rice, literally any rice.
- Roasted vegetables
- Crunchy and fresh salad
- Garlic bread or bread stick to enjoy the sauce
- Plain pasta, this will make an amazing creamy pasta dish