Coconut desserts are an all-time favourite. Crustless coconut pie is special as it is creamy inside and smells like custard. It tastes extra delicious especially if you love adding coconut. Ingredients are simple and readily available in every hour kitchen cabinet. You can serve 8 people cutting the pieces of this prepared crustless coconut pie. Preparation time is 5 minutes and baking time varies between thirty to forty minutes. It is up to you how you serve. Whether you are serving it alone as a single dish or serving it with coffee or tea. It tastes great with both combinations. Let’s get started with the ingredients.
Crustless Coconut Pie
- Self-Rising Flour – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 1/3 cup
- Eggs beaten – 4
- Milk – 2 cups
- Unsalted Butter melted – ¼ cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Sweetened Flaked Coconut – 2 ½ cups
- Follow this step-by-step guide to cooking coconut pie.
- To make coconut pie, take sugar and flour in a bowl. Mix well and add other ingredients including eggs, butter, milk and vanilla. Mix all the ingredients well and add in the coconut.
- Take the baking pan of nine inches and pour all the mixture into the dish.
- Bake your coconut pie at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for thirty to forty minutes. Keep checking pie in the oven. Notice if it turns too brown; then cover it with aluminium foil.
- Take out the pie and serve. Remember to decorate with whipping cream.
- How to check if coconut pie is cooked or not?
After 30 minutes, start checking if it is cooked. You can use a toothpick to check and also notice the colour.
- For how long, I can store crustless coconut pies?
You can freeze the pie for 2-3 days and completely covered them with aluminium foil.
- Is this recipe gluten-free?
No, it contains flour and hence is not gluten-free. If you are looking for a gluten-free recipe, then add ¼ cup of the gluten-free all-purpose flour mix. You may also add apple cider vinegar (1 tsp) to the recipe as well.
- Suggest other tasty ingredient substitutes.
You may substitute milk with rice milk and replace butter with earth balance to make the pie dairy-free. You can avoid vinegar by reducing the sugar content and increasing the gluten-free flour to 1/3 instead of ½. You can use some options as well like sprinkling chocolate chips on the bottom of the dish before pouring the pie mixture.
Bake coconut pie and serve as the main dessert to your guests. You can add this to the menu of the tea party as well. Instead of ordering from outside, bake at home and it will taste even better. Comment if you have any questions about the recipe or if you are stuck at some point. Share your baked coconut pie pictures in the comment as well to boost others’ confidence.
Same recipe different name
1/2 c bisquick mix
2 c milk
3/4 c sugar
1 c coconut flake
1 tbs vanilla
1 tbs butter melted
Mix together pour in pie pan
25 check – 35 minutes
But I also like yours