Are you an appetizer kind a’ person? Or do you jump to the main dish? If you prefer appetizers, then a Philly cheesesteak egg roll is the best choice. Cheesy rolls melt exciting flavours in the mouth. Philly cheesesteak egg rolls can be served in the lunch or consumed as snacks. The preparation time for this recipe is 20 minutes and, the cooking time is 15 minutes. It is American cuisine and can be served to 12 people using ingredients explained next.
Philly Cheesesteak Egg Roll
- Butter – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Green bell pepper chopped – 1
- Onion chopped – ½ cup
- Boneless rib-eye steak sliced or chopped – 1 pound
- Provolone cheese – 6 slices
- Egg roll wrappers – 12
- Oil for frying
- Optional: Ranch for dipping
- Take a large pan and put it on medium flame. Use half of the butter (half the quantity described in the ingredient list) and melt it. After the butter is melted, add green bell pepper and chopped onion. Cook these ingredients for three to four minutes or until softened.
- Once veggies are cooked; take them out on a plate and cover them to retain their heat.
- Now, use leftover butter and melt it. Add rib eye to the melted butter in the pan. Use salt and black pepper as a seasoning.
- Now cook the rib eye steak for three to four minutes or until the colour turns brown and inside is cooked.
- Now add the prepared veggies to the pan and mix with the steak.
- Take egg roll wrappers and unfold them. Now put half slice of cheese in the centre of the egg roll wrapper.
- Now, add two to three tbsp of steak filling on each egg roll wrapper and fold as per the package directions. Use water to bind the edges of the wrappers as you move to them.
- Add oil to the deep frying pan and heat it.
- Fry three to four egg rolls at one time and turn when needed. It takes three to five minutes for frying and, it turns brown.
- Put fried rolls on paper towels to drain extra oil and then serve with favourite sauce.
- 182 kcal of calories
- 8 gram of carbs
- 12 gram of protein
- 10 gram of fat
- 17 mg of calcium
- 1.2 mg of iron
- What are the best substitutes for rib-eye?
For a traditional taste, the rib eye is recommended. If you want to try any other flavour, then add sirloin or flank steak. Beef can also be used for this dish.
- Can I use oil instead of butter in the recipe?
Yes, you may use oil but, butter is preferred. You can cook them in olive oil or sunflower oil.
Fry or bake Philly cheesesteak egg rolls and serve your guests to receive compliments. If you feel comfortable, share the compliments with us. You may ask any questions as well.