In this quick no-bake dessert, you’ll get all the flavors of a deliciously melty banana split sundae. Topped with maraschino cherries, because a banana split would be incomplete without a cherry.
This confession will not come as a surprise to those who know me well. I am a chocoholic.
It’s true. I’m a self-admitted chocoholic, and I’m not going to try to hide it. Every day, I need a smidgeon of it. Every. Single. Day…. until I’m certain I haven’t. And, most likely, so can the others around me.
Thus, imagine my amazement when I discover something that’s flavor was not enhanced by chocolate! It seems, everything sweet – and even some savory – tastes better with chocolate, correct?
But, now I think I can fearlessly move forward without my beloved chocolate thanks to the delicious layering of cream cheese filling, chopped bananas and pineapple, and cherry embellished whipped cream.
In my opinion, chocolate does not enhance this no-bake banana split cake. Surely not with the type of chocolate I tested.
It is very delectable, and the presentation will astound everyone.
What’s more, it’s completely no-bake. This dessert is ideal for the summer when you don’t want to heat your kitchen, and also for those times when you need a nice and quick treat that you can put together in a matter of minutes.
This is the ultimate no-bake cold dessert for any party!
How To Prepare No Bake Banana Split Cake?
This cake comes together in a matter of minutes but may be prepared up to two days in advance. I would avoid making it in any earlier than that, as the bananas will begin to brown.
- 2 c. graham cracker crumbs Add a nutty taste a delicate sweetness, and a sandy texture to the cake’s base, making it a bit softer.
- 1 c. unsalted butter Adds moistness
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened Infuse your baked goods with a delectable flavor
- 2 c.’ sugar Any natural sweetener will work.
- Pinch salt Slightly enhances the cake’s flavor
- 4 bananas A primary ingredient of this no-bake dessert
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, drain well This tropical fruit cake adds lots of flavors to this cake.
- 1/3 c. chopped pecans Add a little crunch to this cake
- 1 8 oz. container cool whip topping Necessary for finishing and a nice taste and texture
- 1 10 oz. maraschino cherries, drained & patted dry with a paper towel You can use your favorite topping as well.
- Add half of the melted butter to graham cracker crumbs and mix using a fork to evenly moisten. In a 9×13″ pan, press into the bottom.
- Mix the remaining butter, sugar, cream cheese, and salt in a stand mixing bowl and blend for 3 to 4 minutes, or until fluffy. Spread mixture evenly over crumbled graham crackers.
- Slice the bananas and lay them evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture. Then, add crushed pineapple on top of the banana layer. Over the pineapple, spread cool whip, add the chopped pecans and garnish with cherries.
- Refrigerate covered for at least 2 to 3 hours, preferably overnight, before serving.
My summer cooking plans include preparing this cake at least once a week!
It’s cool, refreshing, and requires no baking!
Give this recipe a try! If you like it, please let me know.