The Cajun shrimp scampi is that easy and quick dinner recipe that gets your family drooling. Why waste tons of money in restaurants when you can cook a delicious fancy meal at home, that too, in a few minutes.
Whether you have a date night or family get-together, elderly or kids coming around, Cajun shrimp scampi is an elegant meal that won’t disappoint any. It’s also really swift, so you don’t have to spend much time prepping for it.
What is Cajun scampi?
Basically, it’s the classic scampi recipe elevated with the flavors of Cajun and a rich, creamy texture. In this recipe, the shrimps are served coated or swimming in a delightful and indulgent sauce, cooked with lots of butter, garlic, a dash of lemon, a little white wine, and crowned with fresh parsley.
Now imagine this elegant dish elevated with some Cajun seasoning to give you the right amount of kick and a touch of cream to bring out the soothing texture. It’s a whole new experience.
Mostly it is served with a bed of pasta to make it a hearty meal. Some restaurants offer crusty bread as a side to wipe off that buttery golden sauce.
Cajun Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Olive oil – 2 Tbsp
- Butter – 4 Tbsp
- Garlic – 4 cloves minced
- Shrimps – 1 pound
- Salt & pepper – as per taste
- Lemon – 1 lemon juiced
- White wine – 1/4 cup
- Heavy cream – 1/4 cup
- Cajun seasoning – 1 Tbsp
- Parsley – for garnishing
- Parmesan – grated for garnishing
- Heat up 3 Tbsp of butter and olive oil together in a wok over medium flame.
- Sautee chopped garlic rapidly until it gives you a decadent aroma.
- Put a little white wine into the pot; it helps combine flavors. Nondrinkers can also use some chicken stock instead to enhance the flavor.
- Now add the shrimps and Cajun seasoning. Stir it all together until well combined. Shrimps will take 3 to 5 minutes to cook properly, depending on their size.
- Add cream and 1 more Tbsp of butter to bring out its smooth texture.
- Mix in salt and ground pepper as per your taste.
- Put in a little lemon juice to balance out the richness.
- Stir it and let it simmer for an additional minute.
- The delicious Cajun shrimp scampi is ready to be served.
- Garnish it with chopped parsley. Also, sprinkle some parmesan on it if you like.
- You can add pasta to it or serve crusty bread alongside. It can be a good low-carb meal without pasta and bread if you are on a weight loss journey. Just add in steamed veggies as a side dish.