Whether you are a pasta lover or an egg eater, this recipe has got you covered. Devil Egg Pasta Salad takes center stage in any picnic, holiday lunch, or cookout.
It is a huge hit for summer gatherings, big on flavor and light on the mayo. A creamy dressing that coats every bite of this pasta salad makes it a delight to eat. It’s also a beneficial way of using leftover hard-boiled eggs.
Pasta and eggs are mixed with the creamy dressing and sprinkled with onion for a spicy crunch. You can make it a day before it is needed to avoid the burden on the event day. It is also a tempting choice for lunchtime.
If your family loves Deviled Eggs, they will cherish this Deviled Egg Pasta Salad.
Tip for Creamy Deviled Eggs
Separate the hard-boiled yolks from egg whites. Use a metal strainer and wooden spoon. Press the yolks through the metal strainer in a mixing bowl with the help of a wooden spatula. The yolks will turn powdery. Scrape the strainer to get any leftovers.
Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
It’s a simple summer pasta perfect for any occasion, prepared in half an hour and served as a side dish.
Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
- Hard-boiled eggs – 6
- Elbow macaroni or small penne – 8 ounces/4 cups
- Mayonnaise – 3/4 cup
- Mustard sauce – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Fresh lemon juice/white vinegar – 1 tsp
- Finely minced garlic/garlic paste – 1 clove
- Kosher salt – 1/2 tsp or as per taste
- Smoked paprika – 1/4 tsp
- Cayenne pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Finely chopped red onion – 2 tbsp.
- Spring onion/green onion – 2 tbsp.
- Cooked and crumbled bacon – 1/4 cup optional
- Boil the pasta conferring to the directions given on the packaging. Add a generous tablespoon of kosher salt to the water during cooking. When it is completely cooked, drain in a colander and wash it with cold water until the pasta is cool.
- While the pasta is boiling, remove the shells of hard boil eggs and separate their yolks from whites.
- Make a powder of egg yolks by pressing them through a metal strainer with the help of a wooden spatula in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the egg white into small pieces and set aside.
- Add mustard paste, mayonnaise, salt, vinegar, chopped garlic, pepper, and paprika in the large bowl of egg yolks.
Tip: You can use Greek yogurt as an alternative if you don’t like mayonnaise. Also, you can add half the quantity of mayonnaise and half of Greek yogurt, depending on your taste buds.
- Whisk thoroughly to combine all the ingredients to make a creamy dressing.
- Now goes the pasta in the dressing bowl, stir it nicely to coat every inch of it in this delicious dressing.
- Put in diced egg whites, green onions, and a little red onion for crunch in every bite.
- Mix it well gently.
- Top it with some more green onions and paprika.
Deviled egg pasta salad is ready to eat. Serve instantly or put it in a refrigerator to enjoy later.