This recipe for Spanish Rice is a rich and wonderful side dish. This famous local dish is sometimes referred to as Mexican Rice. In any case, we’re sharing a great and simple recipe with you today. We enjoy the moderate flavor, which may be easily enhanced to suit your preferences. The easy recipe takes only a few minutes to prepare and is the ideal side dish for any weekday meal.
How to Make Spanish Rice?
Tomato, garlic, onion, and, rice are all essential ingredients in this traditional Spanish rice. We used garlic powder because it was easier, but raw garlic can be used instead if you prefer a stronger garlic flavor. Here is a simple and easy recipe for Spanish Rice:
Before it requires to be refrigerated, you can keep the rice out for around two hours. Refrigerate for 3-4 days after covering. Refrigerate the rice in a freezer-safe jar or Ziplocs container for three to four months once it has cooled. Thaw the rice for 24 hours in the refrigerator or at room temp for three to four hours. After they’ve thawed, they’ll be ready to use. Put in a microwave-safe container and cook on high flame until well heated.
⦁ When making Spanish Rice, follow guidelines on the package to estimate how much water to use.
⦁ Stir some diced, jalapenos or drained green chili at the same time as the diced tomatoes if needed.
⦁ If possible, top the rice with fresh salsa. Serves as a rice bowl’s base.
Spanish Rice Recipe
- ⦁ Two tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ⦁ Half chopped red bell pepper
- ⦁ 1 c. tomato sauce
- ⦁ Juice of half lemon
- ⦁ 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- ⦁ Kosher salt
- ⦁ 1/4 chopped onion
- ⦁ 2 c. long-grain white rice
- ⦁ 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- ⦁ One tbsp. chili powder
- ⦁ One tbsp. garlic powder
- ⦁ Half tbsp. ground cumin
- ⦁ Freshly ground black pepper
- ⦁ One tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in pan on medium heat. Add the rice and swirl it in the oil until it is gently covered. Tossing often, on medium flame.
- ⦁ Cook for a further three mins, turning regularly, till the onions start to caramelize. Cook for another minute or so, or until the onions are transparent and mushy.
- ⦁ Bring the tomato, stock, oregano, and salt to a simmer in another saucepan.
- ⦁ In the broth, add the toasted rice. Bring everything to a gentle simmer, then cover the saucepan and reduce the heat.
- ⦁ Cook for twenty min, depending on the type of rice and the package directions. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside for five min. For serving, fluff using a spoon or fork.
This sounds easy and I am sure it would taste great….this would be a great base for lots of meals…add an egg for breakfast, or add some meat…sausage or ground meat or chicken and use in a burrito…or add veggies and some crisp fried tofu and have a vegetarian bowl. I will make this…with long grain brown rice…it usually takes about 40 minutes to cook brown rice…