The taco braid, also known as a Bacon Weave Taco, is a braided Taco, made with bacon weave, pepperoni, ground beef, lettuce, and cheese. It will take 20 min to do preparations and cooking time is 25 min. You can serve 6 people using the same quantity of ingredients as described next. It is an American Cuisine and main course dish. Get your butter paper, rolling in and rimmed baking sheet ready before preparing.
- Can I add yoghurt or lemon juice instead of tomatoes?
As tomatoes are optional, so you can try variations. Yoghurt is not recommended, while you can add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Is homemade taco seasoning a must? Can I buy from the grocery store?
Yes, you can use any. But, it is recommended to use taco seasoning made at home.
Prepare taco braid and serve to your weekend guests. It gives 508 kcal and it is enough to dose of energy to carry out basic daily activities.
Taco Braid Recipe
- Pizza Crust Refrigerated – 1
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion chopped – ½ cup
- Ground Beef – 1 lb.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning – 3 tbsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Fiesta blend shredded cheese – 1 cup
- Tomato cube-shaped – 1
- Romaine Lettuce chopped – 2 cups
- Butter melted – 2 tbsp
- Sour Cream
- Taco Sauce
- Ready the rimmed baking sheet by layering it with the butter paper.
- Now, pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a large cooking pan, put it on heat and add olive oil. Heat it and add onion, and cook until onions appear translucent. It will take three to five minutes. Now, add ground beef and keep cooking until it turns brown. Add water and homemade taco seasoning. Keep stirring until it mixes well. Low the flame and simmer for additional five to seven minutes.
- Take the piece of butter paper aside to the shelf and use the rolling pin to roll out the pizza dough. Keep rolling out until it is wide enough. Use a knife and make a slice of 1.5 inches thick and 3 inches long.
- Leave around .5” at the top and bottom side. Put prepared ground beef in the middle and add cheese to it. Now, add tomatoes as toppings. You may skip if you don’t like tomatoes.
- Starting from one end of the braid, wrap the end upside and begin with wrapping 1st two slices over to save it. Repeat this folding act with opposite slices unless the final 2 are done. Again, wrap the ends up and the last 2 slices over it to finish it.
- Use melted butter and apply it to the top and sides of the wrapped slices. Now, sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top. You may choose any of your favourite flavours.
- Now put this braid to the butter paper of the rimmed baking sheet. It will take 20-25 minutes in baking. When it turns brown, it is done.
- Now take out the cooked braid and let it cool down. Add lettuce and add tomatoes to the braid. You can add cheese as well. For serving, you can use sour cream or other sauces like taco sauce.