Pistachio Delight, Green Fluff, Means Green and many more names are there in different regions. Watergate salad can be a starter or a dessert on your dining table. It takes 15 minutes to prepare (refrigeration time is 1 hour; if you don’t add frozen whipped toppings) this amazing recipe and everyone will demand more. Don’t miss it!
Let’s swipe down to read the ingredients and instructions for cooking Watergate salad. You can serve 8 people using these ingredients. If you want to make more, then I crease the proportionalities of the ingredients.
- Instant pistachio pudding mix – 1 package 3.4 ounces
- Crushed Pineapple with juice – 1 can 8 ounces
- Miniature marshmallows – 1 cup
- Walnuts chopped – ½ cup
- Frozen whipped topping soft – ½ container (8 ounces)
- Take a large bowl for mixing the ingredients. Add instant pistachio pudding mix, crushed pineapples with juice, miniature marshmallows, and walnuts. Now add frozen whipped toppings.
- Serve chilled and enjoy the salad.
- How to thaw the cool whipped toppings for adding to the recipe?
Don’t open the can of whipped toppings and put them in the refrigerator. The can weighs 8 oz. will take four hours to be thawed completely. Don’t use a microwave oven to thaw the whipped toppings.
- Is this recipe recommended for diet conscious people?
Low-Fat Watergate salad is considered more healthy and delicious than Watergate salad. Low-Fat Watergate salad is recommended to people who are diet conscious.
- How to store the Watergate salad for longer?
Don’t melt the ingredients and keep them cold at least 40 degrees Fahrenheit or less. Refrigerate perishables as long you are not serving.
- Can I use other toppings instead of walnuts?
Walnuts taste good. If you want to add almonds, pistachios, coconut or other dry fruits, you may. Toppings are always optional. You are free to try different toppings. If someone doesn’t prefer walnuts, add a few pieces of chocolate chips or some chocolate syrup.
Prepare Watergate salad as your side dish and it may take the attention like other main course dishes. This is an easy to make and amazingly delicious recipe. You can try different variations. For example, instead of pistachio pudding mix, you can try other flavours.
The taste is in your hand, try fusions and let others stay amazed by being your guest. The above given recipe is the traditional way of making Watergate salad. You can comment about your recipe and cooking tips. We love to hear back from you people on the issues following the recipe. Get in touch if you need any assistance with the recipe.