A warm bread pudding among the laughter of friends and family and especially on the shivering winter nights, is a blessing. The sweet pudding with the gooey bread and vanilla sauce is so warm and delicious that you will feel it melting in your mouth. To share this happiness, we have a perfect recipe for you that has been with us from Grandma. Yes! This authentic Grandma’s Old Fashioned Breading pudding smothered in Vanilla sauce is what you need to try this weekend. Enjoy!
Grandma’s Old Fashioned Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
- 3 ½ cups cubes from White Bread slices
- 1 ½ cups Whole Milk
- ½ cup Evaporated Milk
- 3 tbsp Condensed Milk
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup Raisins
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp Nutmeg powdered
- ½ tsp Cinnamon powdered
- 1 tsp vanilla
For Vanilla Sauce
- 2/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup butter at room temperature
- ½ cup Confectionary Sugar
- 2 tbsp Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Start with preheating the oven at 350-degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together cubed white bread slices and the raisins.
- In a saucepan, mix milk and sugar.
- Place the saucepan over the stove at low to medium heat. Let it simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add butter into it. Mix until the butter is dissolved.
- Pour the milk mixture over the bread and sit for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mix condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread and gently toss it.
- Pour the entire mixture into a 9 by 11 casserole dish.
- Cut the 3 tbsp of butter into small pieces. Spread them over the pudding.
- Bake the pudding for 35 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden and crusty.
For Vanilla Sauce
- Pour in the cream, butter, sugar, and condensed milk in a clean saucepan.
- Shimmer it on low to medium heat until everything is well combined.
- Remove the sauce from the heat as soon as the sauce starts to thicken, which will take around 8 minutes.
- Add vanilla to the sauce.
- Serve the servings of the warm pudding with the topping of the warm vanilla sauce. Enjoy!
How to store the bread pudding?
Storing this delicious pudding is not that big of a heist. All you need to do is, pack the leftover pudding in the airtight container and let it sit in the refrigerator for three days. Just warm it through in the microwave.
If you have a large batch of leftovers, place them in an airtight container and freeze them for three months. Whenever you feel like eating the pudding, just heat it through in a preheated oven at 300-degree with a small dot of butter for about 10 minutes. Honestly, as delicious as the fresh and the crust will be the same.
I no longer have e-mail only facebook