Sausage green bean potato casserole is an amazing dish to add to the list of side dishes. It is an amazing blend of balanced nutrients as it contains meat, vegetables and creamy potatoes. This blog will show you the healthy and delicious sausage green bean potato casserole that is an amazing recipe to try.
SAUSAGE GREEN BEAN POTATO CASSEROLE
- Sausage kielbasa or smoked sausage – 1½ lbs sliced ¼” thick
- Baby creamer potatoes – 2 lbs sliced in half
- Green beans – 2 15 oz cans
- Vegetable oil – ⅛ cup
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Onions chopped – 1 cup
- Garlic minced – 3 cloves
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning – 1 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Red pepper flakes – ½ tsp
- Water – ¼ Cup
- First Preheat the microwave oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a baking dish and spray it with cooking spray. The baking dish should be 9 × 13 inches.
- Carefully clean the potatoes and cut them into 2 halves. Now, put these in a plastic bag that can be sealed.
- In the same plastic bag, add oil, seasonings and peppers. You can shake it so that the coating is done properly.
- Take a large frying pan and add water and sausage. Turn on medium fake and cook until they turn brown and maximum water is absorbed.
- Take out the sausages from the pan and cool them. Once they are cooled, add them to the bag.
- Take some butter in the frying pan and melt it. Add onions and garlic to the butter. Cook them until onions turn soft.
- Set the onions aside and let them cool down. Then add in the bad and again shake well to mix all ingredients.
- Finally, in the bag, add green beans. Shake ingredients well and then pour all the ingredients into the baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and put it in the oven. It will take 40 minutes to bake, or in 40 minutes, potatoes become tender.
- After it is baked, take it out and serve hot.
In a single serving, you enjoy 437 kcal of calories, 13 grams of protein, 3 grams of fibre, 24 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of sugar.
- Can a slow cooker be used to cook the sausage green bean potatoes?
Yes, you may use a slow cooker for cooking sausage and green bean potatoes.
- How to cook sausage green bean potatoes in a crock-pot?
You will need to cook sausages with onion and garlic separately. When sausages are on heat, you will add creamy potatoes (you should first cook them in the oil along with seasonings) to the cooking pot. After adding potatoes, add green beans and sausages to the mixture. Stir the mixture and then turn the crockpot to a high flame. Cover it and keep cooking for four hours. This method is very easy to follow and will save time.
For a better taste, add fresh green beans. If you are using only some, they can opt for frozen or canned beans. In 1 hour and 10 mins, this recipe will be prepared. It is American cuisine and offers 437 kcal. Try and share with us in the comments.