The KFC original secret recipe has been a hot topic ever since the recipe was stolen in the early 70’s. Many people have tried to get their hands on it with no success. There is a lot of mystery surrounding the original recipe but, this blog presents KFC Chicken recipe. To read the recipe, scroll down to check the ingredients and instructions.
- Chicken drumsticks – 500 grams
- Buttermilk – 1 ½ cup
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Cornstarch – 2 tbsp
- Egg white – 1
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Oil for deep frying – 2 to 3 cups
- Slat – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper – ½ tsp
- Allspice – ¼ tsp
- Garlic powder – ¾ tbsp
- Onion powder – 1 tsp
- Mixed Herbs – 1 tsp
Preparing Brine Chicken
- Take a bowl and add in the buttermilk. In case you don’t have buttermilk, add in 1/2 tsp yoghurt along with 1 cup of water. Mix it well and add 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Clean the chicken to be used and then add it to the buttermilk. Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator overnight. If you are short on time, at least refrigerate for four hours. Refrigeration will make the chicken soft.
Steps to prepare crispy fried chicken
- When you want to cook fried chicken, then take the chicken out of the fridge and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl, add egg white.
- In a flat try or wider bowl, add some bread crumbs. Keep them aside.
- Drain all the buttermilk from the chicken. In this chicken, add seasonings and rub. Mix well for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle corn starch on the chicken and mix again.
- Add 1 egg white and 3 to 4 tbsp buttermilk in a bowl. Mix them in the chicken so it becomes moist enough to stick bread crumbs.
- Take each chicken piece and coat in bread crumbs. Repeat the same step to all chicken pieces.
- Keep coated chicken pieces aside for 10 min before frying.
- Add some oil to the pan and heat it. Keep the flame on the medium level.
- When oil is heated enough, test the oil by adding a small amount of wet portion. If the wet piece rises without browning then the oil is hot enough.
- You may shake your chicken pieces to shed off the extra crumbs. Now add chicken pieces to oil and fry. In one try, add only two or three pieces.
- Keep flame at medium level and fry until they turn golden. Cook pieces from all sides.
- After they are cooled and turned crispy. Take them out and put them on serving plates.
- Serve them hot with sauces or ketchup.
Nutrition value for KFC original secret recipe
Per each serving, you enjoy 898 kcal calories, 43 grams of fat, 44 grams of protein, 7 mg of Iron, and 81 grams of carbs.
Cook KFC fried chicken at home and share us in the comments if it tasted the same as KFC. Your comments will help others know if it is the actual recipe.