Pineapple upside-down cake is a popular dessert. It is an easy cake to make and is also very tasty. This recipe is for a mini version of this cake. The recipe is also suitable for kids as the cake is not heavy on sugar and fats. Total cooking time is 55 minutes and then you can serve your mini pineapple cakes in the tea-time.
Mini Pineapple Upside Down cake
- Butter – ½ cup
- Dark brown sugar – ⅓ cup
- Pineapple rings – 20 oz Canned; ⅓ of juice preserved
- Maraschino cherries – 6
- Yellowcake mix – 15.25 oz include ingredients given on package and substitute water with pineapple juice
- First, preheat the microwave oven (350 degrees Fahrenheit). You will need a jumbo muffin pan for making mini pineapple upside-down cakes. Spray the pan with cooking spray.
- Put the cooking pot on the heat, and melt butter. After the butter melts, add sugar and keep stirring. This stirring will take up to three minutes. In the muffin pan, add 2 tbsp of the prepared brown sugar and butter mixture.
- In each greased pan, add 1 pineapple ring and then one cherry in the middle.
- Take a bowl, add yellow cake mix and all other ingredients mentioned on the package. Don’t add water ⅓ cup of reserved juice. Mix them well.
- Pour it in the muffin cups and bake it (30 min). Take the pan out once baking is done and put it aside for 10 min.
- With the help of a butter knife, release the cakes from the muffin pan. On the cooling rack, upside-down the muffin pan and then flip both on a baking sheet to avoid wasting any drippings.
- Wait for some time and then cakes will be on the sheet after you lift the pan.
- Can I use freshly sliced pineapple rings instead of canned?
Yes, you may use it. If you like crushed pineapples, try them as well. It depends on your preference.
- What can be a good substitute for cake?
If you don’t want to add yellow cake mixings, then try adding homemade batter. This will also go better. But the recipe differs.
- What to do if you don’t have a muffin pan?
Regular-sized muffin tins can also be used. If you are going to use pineapple rings, then cut them so they can adjust in the regular size muffin tin. Instead, you can also prefer crushed pineapple.
- How mini pineapples cakes can be stored?
If you wish to store them, then use ait-tight containers. You may store them for only two days in the refrigerator. It is safe to prepare them a day before the serving day. Don’t prepare them in advance for more than 1 day. It will get soggy if remains longer.
Per each cake serving, you will enjoy 512 kcal of calories, 3 gram of protein, 58 gram of sugar, 17 gram of fat, and 88 gram of carbs.
A miniature version of a pineapple upside-down cake is a great little dessert that can be served in a cute little cup or a little bowl. It is perfect for a kid’s party or an afternoon tea. Share your amazing prepared mini pineapple cake pictures in the comments.