Cheesecake is one of the most popular desserts in the world. There are many different varieties and, the most popular is the red velvet cheesecake. Red velvet cakes have a distinctive red color with a dramatic white cream cheese topping. This recipe will help you bake a delicious red velvet cheesecake.
- Cream cheese – 16 ounces 454 gram
- Granulated Sugar – ½ cup 99 gram
- All-purpose flour – 1 tbsp
- Slat – one pinch
- Heavy cream – ¼ cup
- Vanilla Extract – ½ tsp
- Eggs – 2
Red Velvet Cake
- Unsalted Butter – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Eggs – 2
- Unsweetened cocoa Butter – ½ cup + 1 tbsp
- Red food coloring liquid – 6 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- All-purpose flour – 2 ¼ cups
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Distilled White vinegar – 1 tbsp
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Unsalted butter – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – 4 cups
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Cream cheese – 16 ounces cut into 16 pieces
- Preheat the oven and grease the baking dish. Beat ingredients other than heavy cream and vanilla extracts. Add them later and while beating the eggs, add one at a time. Keep mixing.
- Add mixture to the pan and bake it (50 min). Take it out and cool it for 1 hr. Freeze it overnight.
Red Velvet Cake
- Preheat the oven and grease the pan. Flour the bottom of the pan. Beat cream, butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix.
- Mix cocoa powder, vanilla extract and red food colour, and make a paste. Add this to the prepared batter. Mix well to get the colour. Slowly add the buttermilk and half of the flour. Mix until combined well. Add buttermilk and leftover flour. Beat at high speed to get a smooth mixture. Reduce mixing speed and add vinegar, a pinch of salt and baking soda. High the speed and mix until smooth texture appears.
- Pour in the baking pan and bake (30 min). Cooling time is 10 min and, then take cakes out of the pan and let them cool properly.
- Add butter, sugar, vanilla extracts and a pinch of salt and beat well at low speed. Increase speed and add cream cheese pieces one at a time. Keep mixing until a smooth texture appears.
- On the serving platter, put one cake layer. Cut cheesecake equal to the width of the cake layers and put one cheesecake layer on the first cake layer. Now add a second layer of cake (upside down).
- On the top layer, spread some cream cheese frosting and cover all sides. Refrigerate for half-hour and then apply another layer. Decorate the cake as you like. Place the cake in the refrigerator until served (wait for 20 min before serving). Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Per each serving, you enjoy 669 kcal of calories, 73 gram of carbs, 57 gram of sugar, 164 gram of potassium, and 1 gram of fat content.
Red velvet cakes have become the rage in recent times. It has been a popular choice for wedding cakes because of its rich colour and amazing taste. Why do you love it? Tell us in the comments.