Pecan pie cookies are quite famous in the US but it is a native Texas dessert. Pecan pie is the favorite item that is a must-try if you ever go to Texas. Chefs around the world have been trying out variations with it and by that, we got the delicious and taste Pecan pie cookies. They have a thin crust with caramel pie filling. You can add nuts, chocolate chips, or anything you like. You can make them for just tea or special events. They are perfect for every occasion and if you have kids in the house they will just love it.
Desserts having sweet and caramel filling are always loved by people. You will love the nutty filling that gives a different taste. Moreover, you can add whipped cream on the top or mix it with chocolate frosting according to your choice. You might be able to understand the richness of this dish by just reading about the different flavors it has. The best part is that they are easy to prepare if you know some professional tips.
Importance of filling in the cookies:
As you filling here matters a lot. If it is too runny, it will come out of the crust and you do not want that. If it’s too thick, then the edges will not get a lot of filling. Now, here is a tip that when you are preparing the filling, heat it on a low flame and constantly stir it. As soon as it thickens, turn the flame off. It should be slightly lighter than the pudding and cooking it for a long time, may ruin the consistency. But, for that, you can add 1 tbs of corn syrup to get it right.
Hope that helps a lot. You should also put the cookies on the parchment paper, so they don’t stick to the pan.
- Single pie crust You can use homemade or buy from a grocery store
- 2 tbs butter that you can melt in the microwave
- ½ cup pecans that you can chop
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1.4 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs for consistency
- Salt to taste
- Chocolate chips or frosting cream Optional
- Set your oven to 400 degrees F for pre-heat.
- Now, take a bowl and add butter, pecan, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, and eggs. Constantly stir it on hot water boiling on the stove.
- Turn down the flame if the mixture starts to get thick.
- Remove from the heat and let it sit for cooling.
- Now, make cookies shape from a cutter by using the dough.
- Add the mixture to each cookie and put them on the parchment paper.
- Let them bake for at least 8 minutes.
Your delicious pecan pie cookies are ready to eat. Serve them hot with tea and let your friends or family enjoy this amazing dessert.