This casserole offers a complete meal. Everything is covered with melty cheese and crispy bacon. Perfect for picky eaters!
This Loaded Potato Ranch Chicken Casserole is a super easy recipe that’s perfect when you want something loaded with flavor but are short on time. I love casseroles because you just need to toss everything together and then dump it into a baking dish to bake. It’s also great because a casserole fills the house with an amazing smell while it’s cooking! Look no further than this easy ranch chicken casserole recipe if you want to save time. This is creamy, cheesy, and loaded with bacon! This casserole deserves to be on your table soon.
Loaded Potato Ranch Chicken Casserole
- 1.5 pounds baby gold potatoes
- 2- pound chicken breasts boneless + skinless
- Salt and pepper as much you like
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup cooked bacon crumbled
- 2 cups Mexican Cheese blend
- ½ cup green onion diced
- Preheat your oven to about 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Cut chicken into 1″ chunks.
- Cut the potatoes into 1″ cubes with a knife.
- Combine the potatoes with half of the ranch dressing, salt, and pepper, in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread the potatoes evenly in the prepared baking dish (keep the bowl for the chicken.)
- Bake the potatoes for half an hour, turning after every 10 minutes, until nearly done (They will not yet be fork tender).
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt, pepper, and remaining ranch dressing in the same potato bowl (Additional seasoning options can be found in the notes section below).
- Take the baking dish out from the oven after the potatoes have cooked for 30 minutes. Reduce the oven’s temperature to 400°F.
- Spread the marinated chicken evenly over the cooked potatoes.
- Wrap aluminum foil over the baking dish (Caution: Use oven mitts when doing it because the baking dish will still be extremely hot).
- Bake again in the oven for another 20 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Take it out from the oven. Sprinkle the bacon, shredded cheese, and green onion on top.
- Return to the oven for another 7-9 minutes, or until the cheese melts and is bubbly.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for two days in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for up to six weeks in a freezer-safe container. Let it thaw completely before reheating in the microwave.
- Although chicken breasts are preferable for this recipe, chicken thighs can also be used.
- Try adding some paprika, garlic powder, or a pinch of cayenne pepper for a flavor boost.
Hopefully, this post has given you a bit of inspiration to try something new and impressive! Give it a try and see how many stars you’ll give this recipe.
thank you for sharing,love chicken too