Chicken salad sandwiches are always a great hit whether it is for a party, picnic, potlucks, or just for your kid’s lunch box. They are very easy to make and highly nutritional for everyone. Especially in summers, you can make them for a quick bite before going to the office or coming home after the hectic routine. You can add your favorite flavors and whip them up with cream and mayonnaise. If you have some leftovers left of rotisserie chicken, then don’t waste it. You can use it to make this delicious and yummy treat for yourself.
You can also use canned chicken if you are quickly making it for kids or some guests coming over. All the ingredients we will be using are already available in the kitchen or easy to get. You can consider it as a last-minute meal especially when you have nothing else in the kitchen. Moreover, add tomato slices or cabbage to the sandwich. You can serve it with fresh and homemade French fries or coleslaw.
If you have a food chopper at home, it will help you to make it really quick. Moreover, you can use chicken breasts in the chopper if they are available at home instead of a can. It is a versatile dish that you can make with any ingredients you want to add. Some people like to add only salt and pepper. But you want some spice to go ahead and add some paprika as well.
- 1 boil egg that you can chop or slice
- Baked or boiled chicken that you can shred
- 1 red or yellow onion that you should be chopped nicely
- 3 tbsp of chopped celery
- Half cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of dill pickle relish
- Salt up to taste
- Pepper up to taste
- Bread slices for this quantity should be 8
- You can use either bakes or poached chicken. For baking put the chicken breast on the pan with foil. Season it with salt and pepper on both sides. The oven should be preheated at 350 degrees. Cook it at 165 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Now chop the chicken and let it cool.
- For poaching, the chicken put it in a saucepan add some herbs, vegetables, like carrots and onion and let it boil until the chicken is done. Make sure to let it cool and chop or shred.
- Let’s make the chicken salad now. Take a bowl and add the chicken, onion, celery, and egg. Now, mix it well and add the mayonnaise.
- Add on the dill pickle relish, salt, and pepper and stir it to make a nice mixture.
- If you want to moisten it more, then add on more mayonnaise. You can even add paprika and jalapenos as well if you desire.
- Add this mixture to the bread and put some lettuce on it.
Your Chicken Salad Sandwiches is ready to serve now. Make some delicious fries with it and everyone will fall in love with your recipe for sure.