Who doesn’t love French toast? It’s one of the favourite breakfast recipes in the US. It is delicious, juicy, and is filled with caramelized flavours. But how does one make a good French toast at home? Is it hard to make it if you are a novice baker?
It’s one of those recipes which you can tweak and try different variations of. So let’s talk about the recipe of baked French toast in the lines below. Follow the instructions carefully if you want to bake tasty french toasts.
Baked French Toast
- French bread – 1 package
- Eggs – 8
- Milk – 2 cup
- Heavy Cream – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ brown sugar
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tbsp
- Flour – ½ cup
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Nutmeg – Flaked
- Cold butter – 1 stick
- Warm syrup
- Fresh blueberries – 1 cup
- Take a baking dish and use a brush to apply butter on its surface.
- Take out the bread pieces and cut them into cube shapes or in the size of chunks. Layer these pieces of bread in the baking pan.
- In a bowl, add eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extracts, cream and brown sugar. Mix all ingredients and beat well.
- Pour this mixture on the bread. Cover the pan with the lid and put it in the refrigerator. It is recommended to refrigerate overnight.
- You can also bake it right away. It is up to you if you want to store it.
- To prepare the toppings, take a bowl and add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Use a fork to mix them.
- Now, add butter to the mixture. Use a pastry cutter for mixing them well. Keep mixing until the textures appear like fine pebbles. Fill in the toppings in the plastic bag and then store it in the fridge.
- Preheat the microwave oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, when it comes to the time of baking the casserole.
- Take out the casserole from the fridge and layer the toppings on the top surface. Put the pan in the oven and bake it. Baking time is forty-five minutes. If you want soft casserole, then bake for 45 min, if you want pudding texture then baking time is 1 hr. For a crispy touch, bake for more than 1 hour.
- Take out separate potions and add butter, warm syrup and blueberries to the top layer of the casserole.
Per each serving, you will enjoy 390 kcal of calories, 11 grams of protein, 44 grams of carbs, 20 grams of fat, 407 milligrams of sodium and 168 milligrams of cholesterol.
French toasts are a perfect addition to your breakfast menu as they are a favourite among people of all ages. If you start your day with some delicious healthy bites, then the rest of the day is spent in a good mood. Must try baked french toast at home and share this recipe with your friends and family.