How can you say no to an orange juice cake bursting with flavors? It only takes like 15 min to prepare the batter and the oven will make it ready for you. You can serve it to the guests with tea and they will not stop admiring your baking skills. It could be something different on the menu and you will love it no matter the time you are having it.
Important tips for Orange Juice Cake:
- If it is possible for you, always use fresh orange juice for this cake.
- Some people who do not prefer oranges can use any citrus fruit like lemon or grapefruit as a substitute.
- This cake is never too sweet so before you increase the quantity of sugar, bake it the recommended way. If you feel it needs more sweetness, you can increase it the next time.
- This cake is a little heavy and if you prefer light ones, then you can reduce the quantity of flour by1/4 cup.
- You can easily store this cake at room temperature in a container. It will stay fresh for a month or two.
- If you want to add a little spice, then you can use nutmeg or cinnamon.
- You can whisk the ingredients or you can use a standing mixer that helps you better.
- When you are baking, always use measuring spoons and cups to get the right quantity and results if you are baking it even the 5th time.
- Use a citrus zester as it works professionally and can help you in getting nice orange bits.
- Always have a spatula because it helps in mixing and folding.
- A flour sifter can also be in your tools that check if the flour is dry and good to use.
- Moreover, the pan we used in a Bundt cake pan works like a pro. It gets you the same tea-cake shape and it is easy to pour on a plate. You can just cut in slices with the help of a knife.
Orange Juice Cake
- 1 and a half cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup orange juice either freshly squeezed or from the market
- 1 tbsp of orange zest
- 3 cups of flour
- Take a bowl and whisk the granulated sugar with eggs. Add the eggs one at a time and then add vanilla extract.
- Now, add the flour, baking powder, flour, salt, and orange zest. Whisk it till you see the better is perfect and combined.
- Add the orange juice, now and mix the batter.
- Pour the batter in a pancake in which you can spray oil or apply butter to the sides. Bake it at 365 degrees for 50 min or check till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven and carefully put it on a beautiful serving plate. Slice it as a tea cake and serve it fresh and hot.