If you love beef tacos then you will love this delicious beef taco casserole. There is nothing more comforting than a warm and delicious Beef Taco Casserole after a long day at work. This delicious casserole is easy to make and is prepared in just 30 minutes. It is also an excellent choice for your next weeknight dinner.
Moreover, this Casserole is a perfect rainy day meal, which can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it. If you are planning a pot luck dinner or other get-togethers, this recipe will be the best option.
How to store leftovers Beef Taco Casserole?
How to Store Leftovers In today’s busy world, it’s nice to have a freezer full of homemade meals to pop into the microwave or oven for quick, tasty dinners. This Casserole is one of the best recipes to make in batches and freeze. The casserole is easy to make and can be frozen in individual portions. It’s also a fabulous recipe to take to the company since it’s easy to reheat in the oven or microwave.
What are the substitutes for beef in this recipe?
So, if you want to make a similar delicious dinner recipe or Beef Taco Casserole but are not in the mood to use beef, you can substitute it with extra veggies, seafood or even chicken. You can make this delicious Mexican dish in many different ways, so feel free to experiment.
Let’s Sum Up
Beef Taco Casserole is a delicious and easy meal that will feed a crowd. Our family loves it! Thank you for reading our blog. We love to blog about topics that we are passionate about and we are passionate about cooking and eating good food. We hope you will follow us on our blog and on social media. Come back for more great recipe ideas and tips for cooking and baking.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can 15-ounce pinto beans
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsps. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsps. kosher salt
- 1 tsps. dried oregano
- 15 ounces tomato salsa
- 1/4 tsps.ground black pepper
- 1 cup romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese or shredded mild cheddar
- 1 medium tomato diced
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt for serving
- Take a 9×13-inch baking dish with oil and set it aside. Now put a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 360 F.
- Take a high-sided and large skillet and heat 1 tablespoon oil in it over medium-high heat.
- Add beef to the skillet and cook for 6-8 minutes until browned.
- Transfer the beef to a plate and drain extra fat from the skillet.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium flame. Add onion, garlic, pepper, and cook them for 5 minutes or until softened. Keep stirring.
- Then add beans, beef, chili powder, tomato paste, oregano, cumin, pepper, and salt. Stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes.
- After that, turn off the heat and stir in salsa and half cheese. Transfer this mixture to the baking dish and spread it into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes and cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Your Beef Taco Casserole is ready. Top with tomato and lettuce and serve with sour cream or Greek yogurt.