Fried apple pies are a delight that everyone can’t help but love. With their crispy shell, soft inside, and delicious sweetness, these pies have a way of winning hearts and stomachs. A classic and traditional dessert that can never go wrong, appropriate for every occasion.
They are not as easy to make as they are sweet. Under fried apples or pies, overloaded pies can make your favorite dessert turn out to be a little too sweet. An effective recipe makes all the difference.
Try our fried apple pies recipe for the delicious apple pie and a delicious day
Fried apple pies
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chilles shortening
Apple Filling Ingredients:
- 2 medium apples
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon ground
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Mix the sifted salt and flour. Add shortening and mix it with the help of a pastry blender until coarse crumbs mixture is attained.
- Moist the flour mixture with 1 tablespoon and mix it with the help of a fork. Make a ball from the moist mixture, cover it with plastic, and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Dice the peeled apples and put them in a saucepan. Add in cinnamon and sugar and toss to coat the apples. Cover the saucepan and cook it over low heat until soft. Mash the soft apple with a fork until it converts into thick applesauce. Let it cool.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface and put the dough on that surface. Roll the dough and give it a round shape via a large cookie cutter to approx 4 inches diameter.
- Use cold water to moisten the edges and Add 1 tablespoon of fruit in each round. Fold in half and seal it by pressing the edge with a fork. Repeat the same steps with other rounds.
- Put oil in a large saucepan and heat it till 190 degrees C.
- Now it’s time for the final step. Put the pies into hot oil and fry each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Drain it with the help of paper towels.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Your delicious fried apple pies are all-ready to try. Enjoy your day with delicious and crispy fried apple pies!
What recipe do we use for the glaze?
Typo—you have “chilles” shorting when it should be “chilled”!!!
Where do the canned biscuits come in?
In the steps for the dough,” moisten flour salt mixture with tablespoon”, I assume water?