Cajun chicken alfredo with broccoli has been one of the most popular dishes around the world. You might have tried it a lot of times in a restaurant. But what if you can make it at home the same way. You might be craving the Cajun chicken and the yummy alfredo sauce that makes everything perfect. To increase the flavors and nutritional value, broccoli is added to this pasta which makes a delicious combination that you will get enough of it.
You can make it for a potluck, picnics, BBQ, and holidays. This warm and comfortable food will fill your soul with an amazing dining experience. Just like the restaurants, it will be super delicious and you will love to eat it with bread and a glass of wine. The children will also love it either you give them for lunch or dinner. It is a perfect meal that everyone will eat to their fullest and won’t stop praising you.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet of penne pasta The most recommended is penne but you can use other kinds of pasta as an alternative.
- 1 and a half cups of broccoli florets
- 2 boneless chicken breast Use 2 cutlets here
- Cajun seasoning 2-3 tbsp You can use either homemade or store-bought
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter 2bsp
- Chopped garlic 3 cloves
- Dry white wine half-cup You can use any one you like
- Heavy cream 2 cups
- 2 cups of parmesan cheese You can use more in garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees while you are preparing the other ingredients.
- Now take a pot in which you can cook the pasta based on the procedure on the packet. Do not overcook the pasta and make sure to add 1 tbsp to it. It helps to enhance the flavors. Remove the pasta from the hot water and put some cold water on it. Reserve the pasta water in the pot.
- Put the pot again on high flame and add the broccoli for 1-2 minutes in it. Remove and put in cold water to ensure the broccoli is not too soft. You will enjoy the crunchy and fresh flavor of the pasta.
- Add the Cajun seasoning to the chicken. Make sure that you add on both sides and cook it in a skillet with olive oil till it is tender and properly cooked for 5 minutes on each side. Now cover it in a foil so it remains soft.
- Clean the skillet or take another one. Add butter and melt it on flame with garlic chopped in it. Add the dry wine and cook it till there is only half of the liquid is left. Put the heavy cream, salt, and pepper to taste the parmesan cheese. Leave some of it for garnishing as well or use more.
- In the same skillet add the pasta and carefully mix it. Now put in the serving plate or bowl add the broccoli on it and top with the Cajun chicken slices. Garnish more of the parmesan cheese and your amazing and delicious Cajun chicken alfredo with broccoli is ready.