The casserole has always been a comfort food and you can make it in so many ways. Recently, I tried the recipe of making broccoli, rice, cheese, and chicken casserole that blew my mind. It is truly amazing and the taste is so unique. The amazing flavors of the mushroom soup and chicken soup add amazing flavors. You can even add some of your favorite ingredients to it.
Want to spice up the casserole add some chilies, bell peppers, and some spices. But try this way as well. I truly hope that you are going to fall in love with the recipe. You can double or triple the recipe too if you have a large gathering or feast at home.
Substitutes of the ingredients:
- If you have leftovers of boiled rice available you can use it as a substitute for uncooked rice. Moreover, you can also use brown or wild rice if you prefer them in your casserole.
- You might have leftovers of rotisserie chicken and grilled chicken maybe. Whatever you have you can use in this recipe instead of buying a can.
- We won’t recommend using cooked broccoli but if you don’t have frozen one go ahead. Frozen broccoli does not require any cooking because of the baking.
- You can use any other type of cheese you want.
Storage and making ahead of the dish:
You can store it for 3 days in the fridge. If required, you can freeze it as well. Put the casserole in an air-tight container and whenever you want to eat, add some to the plate and microwave it or with some cheese on top cook for 5-10 minutes in the oven. You can make it 2 days ahead but don’t add the cheese that we added above on top. Whenever you want to serve add the cheese toss it in the oven and give it 5-10 minutes. Your delicious meal is ready to serve without any longer work. In the same way, you can also freeze the casserole. But you can add all the mixture to a bag or container before baking. It is your choice as every method is suitable for storage.
Broccoli, rice, cheese, and chicken casserole
- Chunk chicken cans 2 Drain it properly
- Uncooked rice 2 cups
- 1 small packet of frozen broccoli chopped
- Chopped onion 1
- 1 cup of processed cheese food
- Milk 1 cup
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Cream of chicken soup 1 can
- Cream of mushroom soup 1 can
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Take a saucepan and boil the uncooked rice in water for 5 minutes. Drain the rice from the water and let it rest.
- Take a baking dish and grease it a little.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients (keep a little cheese for later) and mix it well.
- Add the mixture to the baking dish and cook it for 30-35 minutes. Take the dish out add the remaining cheese on top and again bake for 5 minutes. Your cheesy and delicious casserole is ready to serve.