Hawaii is famous for its tropical foods and one of the favorite desserts here is the pineapple cake. I have tried this so many times and there is no denying that this is an exceptional dessert. It is a regular cake with frosting that you are going to love. You can add nuts as well and add some more pineapples on the top of your frosting. Make this for birthdays, holidays, potlucks, and especially picnics.
The cake has rich flavors of pineapples, coconut, and walnuts, I prefer walnuts but sometimes the kids don’t like it. It is okay to remove them from your dessert. Otherwise, the kids are going to love it. The main reason behind it is the cream cheese frosting that complements the sweetness of pineapples. Make sure to cool it well before serving and everyone will keep praising your cooking skills.
Can you freeze pineapple cake?
Surprisingly yes. You can freeze the pineapple cake ahead of time. Mix the cake ingredients and store them in a container. Whenever you want just to make the frosting while you make the cake in the oven. The baked and frosted cake will be fresh for 4-5 days in the fridge. You can also store it in the freezer but not for a very long time as the frosting will get runny when it will be at room temperature.
How to make sure that the Hawaiian pineapple cake does not get soggy?
Make sure to use the recommended ingredient quantities. Don’t use any excess liquid as it will make your cake soggy even if it is fresh. Make sure to use the same quantities when you are trying it in double and triple quantities for making more. If there is more liquid than recommended, it is obvious that the cake will get soggy. Try this recipe and hope you will make a perfect cake and delicious cream cheese frosting.
Hawaiian Pineapple Cake
- Flour 2 cups
- Sugar 2 cups
- Eggs 2
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Chopped walnuts 4-5 Optional and you can any nut, almonds according to your liking
- Crushed pineapple can with its natural juice It is important not to buy the syrup one as the natural taste much better
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
For the delicious cream cheese frosting:
- Butter unsalted half cup
- Cream cheese 8 oz
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Coconut for garnish Optional but it tastes so well so give it a try
- Confectioners’ sugar 1 and a half cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a large bowl and mix all of the cake ingredients.
- Grease a pan and add the cake mixture to it. Bake it for 35-40 minutes until you see the cake has gotten the color of golden brown.
- With a beater, mix the cream cheese, vanilla essence, and butter.
- Slowly add the sugar in it while the mixture keeps beating.
- Your delicious cream cheese frosting is ready.
- Spread evenly on the cake
- Add some coconut or pineapple or chopped walnuts on top for garnishing.