Hi Everyone~ I’m stopping by today from Turnips 2 Tangerines. I stopped by to drop off a few loaves of my Strawberry Bread with Pink Icing~ Wanda Ann is nice enough to let me share a recipe here on Memories by the Mile each month and I though she’d like a slice or two of this yummy bread! I am not sure where or from whom I got this recipe, but I do know I have been making it for what seems like forever! It’s delicious.
I love quick breads~ They are versatile, easy, convenient, and they always bring that extra “something” to the table. I seem to make quick breads according to the seasons…Do you too?? Zucchini Bread in August, September is Apple Bread, Pumpkin Bread in October, Banana Nut Bread for Thanksgiving, Cranberry Bread in December, Irish Soda Bread in March, Easter Egg Bread in April and Spring brings Rhubarb Bread and this delicious Strawberry Bread~ I love to serve Strawberry Bread with a festive Pink Icing for Easter. It’s always a big hit!
Strawberry Bread with Pink Icing
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease and lightly flour two 8 x 4 x 2 inch or six 5 3/4 x 3 x 2 inch baking pans; Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat eggs with an electric mixer on medium to medium high speed for 4-5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Add granulated sugar and beat about 1 minute or just until combined. Add oil and vanilla or almond extract; beat just until combined. Fold in mashed strawberries, set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to berry mixture, stirring just until moistened. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes for the 8 x 4 x 2 inch pans or 40 minutes for the 5 3/4 x 3 x 2 inch pans or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Coll in pans for 10 minutes. Loosen edges with a narrow metal spatula. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Unwrap and drizzle with pink icing~ Enjoy~
- Pink Glaze:
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 T milk, plus additional milk if needed
- 1/2 t vanilla or almond extract
- Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla or almond extract until smooth. Stir in additional milk 1 t at a time until desired drizzling consistency. Add a few drops of red food coloring to tint pink.