If you love dump cake then you are going to love this recipe that I am sharing with you. This dump cake is a sweet and delicious recipe that you are going to make for birthdays, anniversaries, and special events.
The tender and juicy taste is going to be your new favorite to make whenever you crave something sweet. It has a buttery taste with a delicious crunch that makes it one of the best desserts. You can try it with different toppings and add some of your favorite custom ingredients as well to enhance the flavors. But why do people call it by the name of dump cake?
A Dump cake means that you just put all the ingredients in a pan or baking dish and make it. It is so simple and never disappoints you when it comes to taste. You are going to love the final look of the cake as well. Some people also call the dump cake another version of cobbler. It takes us back to 1980 when it was first made with pineapples, cherry filling, and a yellow cake mix. Now, there are so many variations made with the technique of the dump cake.
But whatever people say the results are surprisingly good and you are going to make this again and again.
Can you use different cake mixes for this recipe?
Well, of course, you can. I do recommend trying this recipe once the same way and then custom the way you like. You can use pineapple, vanilla, and white cake mix as well. It is a perfect recipe for birthdays to make a quick cake at home. If you are using a spice cake mix then don’t add the cinnamon to it. The kids will love the yellow and vanilla cake mix so do try the recipe with it.
Caramel apple dump cake
- Apple pie filling can 2
- Melted butter 1 stick
- Nutmeg 1 teaspoon It is optional but if you use it to make sure it’s ground
- Yellowcake mix 1 box
- Caramel square cut 1 and a half cups
- Cinnamon 2 teaspoons ground
- Caramel sauce and ice cream Both ingredients are optional and can be used as toppings. Try vanilla ice cream if you have a sweet tooth
- Preheat the oven first. Take a baking dish and grease it before you start preparing the ingredients.
- Now take a bowl and add the apple filling and cake mix. Make sure to mix it well until you get a smooth texture.
- Add the butter (melt the butter sticks in the microwave), melted caramel in the cake mixture, and cinnamon.
- Bake it for 40-50 minutes when you see the color is changing on the edge and it’s bubbling.
- Your dessert is ready to serve with toppings of ice cream and caramel sauce. You can also add some of your favorite nuts as well.