Caramel Apple Dump Cake. It’s a warm, gooey, and comforting dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re entertaining guests, enjoying a cozy night in, or just satisfying your sweet tooth, this Caramel Apple Dump Cake is sure to hit the spot.
The story of how I discovered this recipe is a funny one. I was at a potluck dinner with friends and one of them brought this amazing looking dessert. I took a bite and was blown away by the combination of flavors and textures. It was like a warm apple pie with a caramel twist and a crispy cake topping. I immediately asked for the recipe and was surprised to find out that it was so simple to make. All you needed was a few basic ingredients, a baking dish, and an oven.
Since then, I’ve made this Caramel Apple Dump Cake many times and it’s always a hit with family and friends. The best part about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can use different types of cake mix and toppings to create your own unique flavor. For example, I’ve used yellow cake mix, chocolate cake mix, and even gingerbread cake mix. Each one gives the dessert a different twist, but they’re all equally delicious.
One of the things that I love most about this recipe is how easy it is to make. You simply layer the ingredients in a baking dish and let the oven do the rest of the work. The combination of the warm apples, gooey caramel, and crisp cake topping makes for the perfect dessert. It’s like a warm hug in every bite.
Another great thing about this Caramel Apple Dump Cake is how versatile it is. You can serve it for breakfast with a scoop of ice cream, as a dessert with whipped cream, or even as a snack with a cup of coffee. It’s a great option for potluck dinners, family gatherings, and even holidays.
In conclusion, I hope that you’ll give this Caramel Apple Dump Cake a try. It’s a simple, delicious, and versatile dessert that’s sure to become a staple in your recipe collection. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner, this recipe is easy to follow and the results are always amazing. So, grab your ingredients, preheat your oven, and let’s get baking!
Caramel apple dump cake
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 cans 21 oz each of apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup of caramel sauce
- 1 package 15.25 oz of spice cake mix
- 1 cup of melted salted butter
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Coat a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place apple pie filling in an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour caramel sauce over the apples in an even manner.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the apples and caramel.
- Pour melted butter over the cake mix, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts evenly over the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cake is golden brown and the filling is bubbling through to the top, approximately 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature.