Craving for something sweet? Well, you are going to love this recipe. The delicious and creamy taste of caramel, a layer of chocolate, and the crusty layer of pecans at the bottom. You are going to love serving it with tea. The guests will ask about this recipe because it is a great hit. You only need an hour to make these at home.
What are these turtle clusters?
You might have seen the turtles made on holidays especially Christmas that you can find in any bakery or shop. Inspired by that, this dish is a perfect reminder of holidays with the same unique taste. You can use your favorite nuts and the combination of the layers is truly outstanding. You are going to love making them at home for everyone.
How to store chocolate pecan turtle clusters?
The best thing is to freeze this. As they get way too soft if they are at room temperature. Just put them in a large airtight container. Make sure to add parchment paper before adding more layers of pecan turtles. You can take them out and enjoy the crusty and creamy taste of this dessert.
Some people do not like the caramel coming out so they can dip their pecan in the chocolate. It means that the turtle clusters will be covered with chocolate like a biscuit.
Chocolate Pecan Turtle Clusters
- Pecans You can use any other type of nuts like hazelnut or almonds as well
- Soft caramel
- Chocolate chips You can use either sweet, dark, or semi
- Heavy cream
- Just make sure that the caramel is made perfectly. It is the hardest part of this recipe to make the smooth caramel consistency.
- Make the toasted pecans. Take as much as you want just put them in a baking oven over parchment paper in a try. The temperature should be 350 degrees F and let them toast for 5-6 minutes. Let them cool and your toasted pecans are ready. Chop the pecans as well. Save some of the pecans for garnishing as well.
- Place the pecans in a circle together on the parchment paper.
- Now take a bowl and add the caramel and heavy cream. You can heat it in the oven or over hot water on the stove. Stir in between the caramels and you will see the cream will change the color. Just keep stirring after a while, the whole mixture will become sticky. You will see that the caramel is melting now and keep on stirring till it’s completely done.
- Pour the warm caramel on the top of the pecans. Make sure to add in the middle so it stays inside the edges.
- Put the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes for the caramel to set.
- Now take the chocolate chips and melt them with shortening. Stir it either you are heating in the microwave or the stove over hot water.
- Take the tray out of the freezer and add the chocolate over the caramels. You can also sprinkle some sea salt as well.
- Your chocolate pecan turtle clusters are ready.