The yummy taste of chicken tenders with the spices blend is something that we all crave. It is so easy to make and such a comfortable recipe that helps you put a meal at the table in no time. You can even make it ahead of time and enjoy the creamy and cheesy taste of this dish. We will be using cheddar cheese but you can use mozzarella and even Velveeta to add some buttery taste.
It is a perfect dish for families and big gatherings where you can make food in no time. You can even make it for potlucks and a one-dish party at someone’s house. The recipe is enough for 5-6 people. If you have kids in the house, they are going to love it. You can even keep the leftovers in the fridge for 4-5 days and it will be fresh. If you have people coming over make it 1 day before and save your time.
What to make with creamy chicken and rice casserole?
You can make some delicious lemon-herb beans and any sort of salad. Like fruit salad, hand-tossed salad, maybe some applesauce. Also try the roasted asparagus, wedges, baked potato, and even some potato and bacon balls.
If you are using the casserole as a side it can go with any type of steak, BBQ chicken, beef, and pork. You can even make it with some fried chicken and sausages. If your kids like to eat some nuggets or your hand-made fries then go for it.
Can you add frozen vegetables to this dish?
Yes, you can. There is no need to go out and bring fresh vegetables. Just toss peas, broccoli, carrots, and spinach. You will love their taste made in the oven. They should be though bite-sized in the casserole.
Can I use chicken from the can?
Of course. The best thing about this recipe is that you do not have to worry about having all the exact ingredients. You can use chicken from the can as well just make sure to drain it. It will taste great in the casserole.
Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Cream of chicken soup 1 can
- Chicken broth 4 cups
- 2 chicken boneless breast You can even use your leftover grilled, BBQ, and rotisserie chicken
- Shredded cheese 2 cups of either mozzarella or cheddar
- Knorr chicken flavored rice and pasta blend 2 packets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Onion chopped 1
- Paprika and garlic powder half teaspoon
- Optional: You can even add some of your favorite frozen vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the Knorr blend to a baking dish and add the cream of soup. Mix it well and add the broth. Now add the chicken on the top of it and add onions and the remaining species in it. Top it with the shredder or mozzarella cheese and cover the baking pan with a foil. Let it bake for 45-50 minutes. After that remove the foil and bake again for 10 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.