If you have been waiting to try a new recipe of casserole then this one will be your new specialty. The Amish country casserole is a budget-friendly and delicious meal that you can make and store as well. It is perfect for those who have a hectic routine but still want to enjoy homemade food. Moreover, in summers we are always looking out for a dish that can be easy to make and does not require too much time sweating in the kitchen.
This creamy food can be made with any type of pasta you like. I will be using penne but it is your choice to use the one you have at home. It is an easy recipe to make in the oven without working on the ingredients too much.
Can we add vegetables to the Amish country casserole?
I have made this dish so many times with different vegetables in it. You can always increase the flavors and the nutritional value of the dish with vegetables. Most of the mothers make casseroles with vegetables as this is the only way their kids will eat them. And, it is easy because kids love a cheesy and creamy casserole. You can add carrots, broccoli, green onion, potatoes, asparagus, peas, and mushrooms.
This is a traditional recipe but if you want you can add cheese on top as well. We love cheese in our casseroles, don’t we? It is your choice to customize your dish to your liking.
Can we store it?
Of course, you can. It will be perfectly fine for 3-4 days in the fridge. If you want you can prepare the pasta, beef and add everything to a container. Whenever you want to eat it, take some out and garnish with cheese, parsley, and paprika. Bake it for 30-35 minutes and your delicious meal is ready. It is a perfect recipe for those who prepare meals ahead of time. You can serve corn, baked potatoes, dips, hand-tossed salad, beans, and anything you like as a side with it. Everyone will surely love it and praise your cooking skills.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet of pasta You can use any pasta you like
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Onion 1 chopped
- Garlic chopped or crushed 2 tablespoons You can use store-bought garlic paste as well
- Ground beef 750 grams
- Tomato soup 1 can
- Mushroom soup 1 can
- Milk 1 cup
- Half tablespoon paprika
- Half tablespoon parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Grease a baking pan while you prepare your ingredients.
- Cook your pasta based on the instructions on the back of the packet.
- While the pasta is cooking take a skillet and sauté the garlic and onion. Add the beef in it and let it cook for a while.
- Drain your pasta and add some cold water on it so it does not stick.
- In a large bowl add pasta, beef cooked in the skillet, mushroom and tomato soup, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add the mixture to the baking dish and garnish with paprika and parsley. Bake it for 20-25 minutes.