Stir-fry recipes are my favorite especially when you have a lot of rice leftover. You can make it no time and use rice and make your family a quick and healthy meal. I love chicken and broccoli stir fry as this is the only way kids can eat broccoli in their meals. So, it balances the nutrition’s you are taking as well. You can even customize this recipe based on your choices. Like you can add even more vegetables as well. The best part is that it tastes superb. You can even add bell peppers, mushrooms, maybe some more chilies if you like spicy food.
Let’s take a look at this recipe:
- Salt and pepper to taste
- About a half cup of water You might not have to use the full amount
- Vegetable oil 4 tablespoons
- 2 chicken breasts short cubed You can also substitute them with shredded or grilled chicken leftovers
- Scallions sliced 3
- Sugar 2 tablespoons
- Sesame seeds for serving optional
- Fried rice for serving optional
- Red chili flakes 1 teaspoon
- Hoisin sauce 1 tablespoon
- Broccoli 4-5 cups cut into small florets
- Cornstarch You will need it in 1 tablespoon and a teaspoon
- Garlic and ginger paste or you can use minced as well 1 and a half tablespoons
- Soya sauce 1 tablespoon
- Sesame oil 1 tablespoon
- Dry sherry 1 tablespoon
- Take a bowl and add the chicken. Now mix it with the scallions and the sugar. Add now the sesame oil, your ginger and garlic paste, sherry, cornstarch, salt, and pepper to taste. The cornstarch you will be adding here will be a teaspoon.
- Mix all these ingredients well and wait for 15 minutes. Now take the one tablespoon cornstarch and mix with water and save it for later use.
- Take a nonstick pan or skillet and put it on high flame. Add the vegetable oil and put broccoli for 30 seconds. You should know that broccoli should not be overcooked. If they are, they do not taste the same and it feels mushy.
- At the same time add, some salt and pepper, 1 and a half tablespoon of water, some ginger and garlic paste to sauté to broccoli. Stir fry for some seconds and then dish them out.
- Clean the skillet and add the vegetable oil. Now it is time to cook the chicken with red chili flakes. Now, it is optional because it will make your stir fry very spicy.
- Fry them for 5 minutes until the chicken loses its color. Add hoisin sauce, broccoli, cornstarch that we mixed in water to the chicken.
- You can add more water if you like if the mixture is too thick for you. They are ready to serve and you can even add more salt and pepper according to your taste.
Serve it hot and fresh with sesame seeds garnishing. You can even substitute the sesame seeds with parsley and green onions. Add fried rice as a side and everyone will love this delicious meal. If you have kids at home, you can also make them some onion rings or chicken rolls.