Children, adults, and senior citizens – everybody loves cake. From special occasions such as birthday and graduation parties, work promotions, and marriage ceremonies, cake has been playing an important part in celebrations for centuries, such that it is now somewhat unthinkable to have a joyous occasion without providing the tasty pastry for those who would love a yummy slice in their mouth.
Everybody loves chocolate – even those who for some reason – sometimes health related – cannot enjoy it would admit it’s their guilty pleasure from time to time. Now, imagine chocolate in cake. A whole lot of blissful yumminess, right? Stop imagining and get ready to learn a recipe that is sure to make you the favourite baker of your friends and family – the Chocolate Bundt cake.
In this article, we’ll be learning how to prepare Chocolate Bundt cake – a very simple to make pastry with a rich taste you may end up developing a habit for. If you’re ready to discover a new recipe for your magical cook book then, stay on this page and learn something new.
Here’s why you’ll love Chocolate Bundt cake
Chocolate Bundt Cake
- All-purpose flour or cake mix
- Granulated sugar: to counter the taste of cocoa.
- Baking soda: to give the cake lift.
- ½ teaspoon of salt: to balance the sugar and chocolate.
- Unsalted butter: If you have salted butter then no need for the 1/2 tsp salt.
- Unsweetened or regular cocoa powder.
- 1 cup sour cream or whole Greek yogurt.
- Eggs: As a binding agent 4 is fine
- Vanilla extract
- Bittersweet chocolate: or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Heavy cream: important for the finish.
Making the batter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare bundt cake pan by lightly dusting with cocoa powder and flour.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar; then set aside.
- Now mix together butter and cocoa powder with hot water.
- Add both mixtures (butter and flour) and blend with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Now add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Mix until uniform.
- Pour finished mixture into the bundt cake pan prepared earlier.
Baking Chocolate Bundt cake
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes in preheated oven
- Let cool between 10 – 30 minutes
- Heat heavy cream on stove until it simmers.
- Pour heated cream over bittersweet chocolate in a heat-proof mixing bowl.
- Stir mixture until it’s a melted smoothness.
- Pour mixture over your cake and let it cool.
- Enjoy the work of your hands.
How to preserve Chocolate Bundt cake
- You can store in an airtight container and preserve in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- I doubt you’d be able to store it for that long though. The reason being that in most cake-loving homes, cake doesn’t last for more than a week. So, good luck on trying to do the impossible.
- That’s all we’ve got for you for now. Try the recipe and be sure to let us know how it turned out. Until the next recipe, stay on the tasty side of life.
Excited in trying these recipes.
Would love to try this, but no amounts of ingredients! Seems strange to me.